Healthy lifestyle changes and commitment to self-care can make a big difference in treating diabetic retinopathy and reducing the risk of it getting worse. Steps you can take include:
- Check your blood pressure regularly according to your provider’s recommendation.
- Discuss any plans to have a baby with your provider so they can adjust your diabetic retinopathy treatment, if necessary. Pregnancy can make diabetic retinopathy worse.
- Eat a healthy diet that meets your carbohydrate goals; features fruits, vegetables and lean sources of protein; and is low in salt.
- Get active and work toward completing 30 minutes of aerobic exercise, such as walking, cycling or swimming, five days per week.
- Stop smoking.
- Take your medicines as prescribed.
- 110 Conn Terrace Fourth and Fifth Floors Lexington, KY 40508
Fax859-323-8510 (General) and 859-257-6718 (Referring Providers)
- 1760 Nicholasville Road Suite 203 Lexington, KY 40503
- 2195 Harrodsburg Road Second Floor Lexington, KY 40504
HoursSun: ClosedMon-Fri: 8:00 am - 5:00 pmSat: Closed
- 100 John Sutherland Drive Suite 3 Nicholasville, KY 40356
- 5425 N. Mayo Trail Pikeville, KY 41501
HoursSun: ClosedMon-Fri: 8:00 am - 4:00 pmSat: Closed
- 920 Barnes Mills Road Suite D Richmond, KY 40475
PhoneCall 859-624-3937 (EYES)