Be a Diabetes A.C.E. (Active. Confident. Educated.)
Join us to develop effective strategies to optimize your diabetes control and review practical tips that you can use in your everyday life.
Register early – space is limited!
October 21, 2022
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Barnstable Brown Diabetes Center
2195 Harrodsburg Road, Suite 125
2nd Floor Conference Room (T2121, T2123, T2125)
Lexington, KY 40504
If you have type 1, type 2 or prediabetes, you don’t want to miss this event hosted by the UK Barnstable Brown Diabetes Center. Our highly qualified experts will walk you through how you can live your best life while managing diabetes. Be a Diabetes A.C.E. is designed for people both with a newer diagnosis of diabetes as well as those who have had diabetes for many years. You must be age 18 or older and a current UK HealthCare patient to attend. This program is free for participants.
During this daylong in-person event, you can:
- Have your A1C tested.
- Learn practical tips to eat healthy, deal with stressful situations, manage your medications and be more active.
- Participate in safe exercises that you can replicate at home.
- Learn about the latest medications for treating diabetes.
- Develop strategies for coping with diabetes.
- Learn about glucose sensors, insulin pumps and other state-of-the-art technologies.
- Learn about an opportunity to be included in a research study.
You have the option to bring your health care partner (family member or friend) to this event.
If you have questions about diabetes, don’t miss this opportunity to meet and interact with UK HealthCare’s diabetes experts.
A healthy breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Free parking is available.
Attendees can select to participate in a voluntary research study as part of the event. A Barnstable Brown Diabetes Center staff member will call you with more information about the research study after your registration has been received.
Funding and support provided by UK HealthCare’s Healthy Kentucky Initiative.