Clinica Amiga is a pediatric primary care clinic located at Kentucky Clinic South that serves the Hispanic/Latino community of Lexington.
The Spanish-speaking team of Clinica Amiga hopes to bridge language and cultural barriers by providing care that is informed by cultural sensitivity and understanding in order to address the health disparities that many members of this community face.
The clinic offers the following services:
- Comprehensive primary care for children.
- Providers and staff who speak both English and Spanish.
- Qualified medical interpreters available both on site and remotely.
- Access to community programs, including Un Abrazo Amigo, a support group in Spanish for Hispanic/Latino families who have children with special healthcare needs. For more information call 859-474-2722.
- Information about health and wellness for parents.
- Participation in fairs and events related to health promotion and prevention.
- Spanish phone line.
Check out our new health education El Pulso Latino podcasts by Dr. Ceballos Osorio, hosted by Victor Palomino at the Lexington Community Radio.
#1 Summer Safety Tips - Consejos para seguridad durante el Verano
#2 Back to School Tips - Volviendo a la Escuela
#3 Parenting Tips for Small Children - Consejos de Crianza para Ninos Pequenos
#4 Cold and Influenza - To Vaccinate or Not Vaccinate? - Gripe and Influenza, vacunar o no vacunar?
#5 Bilingualism and Biculturalism, why it is so important? - Bilingualismo y biculturalismo, por que es importante?
#6 Healthy tips for the Holidays - Consejos de salud durante las fiestas
#7 What is Autism? - Que es el Autismo?
#8 Domestic violence - Violencia Domestica