UHS Triage Nurse
The Triage Nurse is a registered nurse available for telephone consultation for illness, injuries, lab results or other health concerns and questions. The nurse will assist you in scheduling an appointment when necessary.
When you call 859-323-4636, the triage nurse will need to know your:
- Student ID number
- Phone number
- Reason for your call
As with any University Health Service encounter, information discussed with the triage nurse is entered into your medical record and is confidential.
The information provided over the phone by the triage nurse is only consultative and should not be considered a definitive diagnosis or treatment plan, nor should it replace a recommended visit with a clinician.
The triage nurse is available from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
When Should I Seek Care?
You need an appointment if you have the following symptoms:
- Fever greater than 103°
- Fever greater than 100.5° for more than 2 days
- Significant nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea
- Significant headache
- Significant sore throat
- Shortness of breath or wheezing
- Deep cough with green/yellow sputum
- Symptoms getting worse after 5 to 7 days
- Symptoms persist for more than 2 weeks