We want to make it easier for Kentucky women with high-risk pregnancies to get advanced, comprehensive care – no matter where they live.
Through UK HealthCare Maternal-Fetal Medicine Telehealth virtual appointments, you can stay in your home community and still receive exceptional care from our high-risk obstetricians. Also known as maternal-fetal medicine doctors, these providers are skilled in diagnosing and treating patients with complicated pregnancies.
Telehealth appointments – also called telemedicine – are virtual appointments where you and your high-risk obstetrician talk via videoconference.
This is how an appointment works:
- UK ultrasound technicians travel to locations throughout the Commonwealth to perform fetal ultrasounds, a key component of care for high-risk pregnancies.
- The ultrasound technician uses a portable videoconference device.
- The maternal-fetal medicine doctor at UK HealthCare in Lexington talks with you and your ultrasound technician and reviews the ultrasound remotely during the appointment.
Because many high-risk patients need close attention, appointments are offered at least two times a month at each location.
Benefits of maternal-fetal medicine telehealth appointments
- Maternal-fetal medicine telehealth appointments save you time and money by eliminating the need to drive to Lexington for high-risk ultrasound appointments.
- These appointments give you convenient access to our high-risk obstetricians.
- You keep your current community obstetrician for your regular care.
- If needed, you can deliver at our advanced neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) in Lexington.
- Types of high-risk pregnancies
Women with certain conditions are identified as high risk by their community obstetricians and referred to UK HealthCare for these appointments. Conditions that are considered high risk include:
- Gestational diabetes
- High blood pressure
- Fetal abnormality
- Multiples (twins, triplets or more)
- Advanced maternal age
- Drug dependence
- Obesity (body mass index over 35)
To make a telehealth appointment, call any of these Kentucky locations.
UK HealthCare - GeorgetownLandmark Office Complex202 Bevins Lane
Georgetown, KY 40324
The telehealth clinic is held each Monday morning.
UK HealthCare - Winchester225 Hospital Drive
Building B, Suite 255
Winchester, KY 40391Fax 859-744-9421
The telehealth clinic is held the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month.
UK Midwife Clinic141 N. Eagle Creek Drive
Lexington, KY 40509
UK Morehead Women's Healthcare555 W. Sun St.
Morehead, KY 40351
ARH Women's & Family Health Center - Middlesboro2004 Cumberland
Middlesboro, KY 40965Fax 606-248-3024
The telehealth clinic is held every Wednesday.
ARH Women’s & Family Health Center - Tug Valley26901 US Hwy 119 N.
Belfry, KY 41514Fax 606-237-6624
The telehealth clinic is held the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month.
Frankfort Medical Pavilion279 King's Daughters Drive
Frankfort, KY 40601
King's Daughters Medical Center2201 Lexington Ave.
Ashland, KY 41101Fax 606-408-6479
The telehealth clinic is held Monday through Thursday.
Primary Care Centers of Eastern Kentucky101 Town and Country Lane
Hazard, KY 41701Fax 606-439-0475
The telehealth clinic is held every Tuesday and occasionally on Thursday.
Primary Plus - Maysville927 Kenton Station Drive
Maysville, KY 41056Fax 606-759-0058
The telehealth clinic is held the 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month.
PrimaryPlus Ashland432 16th Street
Ashland, KY 41101Fax 606-326-1372
The telehealth clinic is held the 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month.
Willowbrook Women's Center Manchester56 Marie Langdon Drive
Manchester, KY 40962Fax 606-559-2584
The telehealth clinic is held the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month.