Pregnancy and childbirth
Our pregnancy and childbirth services include:
- Birthing Center: Labor and delivery and the region’s only Level IV neonatal intensive care unit (NICU).
- Breastfeeding support: Classes and a clinic for breastfeeding moms.
- Childbirth education classes: Prenatal classes and support for expecting parents. Please note: With recent concerns surrounding COVID-19 and limiting public gatherings, we are cancelling classes until April 1.
- Labor & delivery: All about our delivery services, including how to pre-register.
- Management of normal pregnancies.
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine: Care for women with high-risk pregnancies.
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine Telehealth: Telehealth appointments – also called telemedicine – are virtual appointments where you and your high-risk obstetrician talk via videoconference. Telehealth appointments for women with high-risk pregnancies are available at locations throughout the region.
- Midwife Clinic: Obstetric care from certified nurse midwives.
- Obstetrics & gynecology – adolescent.
- PATHways: Treatment clinic for pregnant women recovering from addiction.
- Preconception and pregnancy care.
Stay up-to-date with our blog
News about women's health including pregnancy and new mothers
Planning for pregnancy
Plan for pregnancy, childbirth and post-delivery (PDF, 493 KB)
Read the high-risk pregnancy and high-risk obstetrics fact sheet (PDF, 567 KB)
Getting ready for your baby
Read about caring for your baby at home (PDF, 110 KB)
Help for mothers with substance abuse disorders
The Beyond Birth program accepts parenting women who are age 18 or older who have at least one child age 0-5 years.
UK Albert B. Chandler Hospital - Pavilion H800 Rose St.
Third Floor, Room HA-302
Lexington, KY 40536Fax 859-323-4607
UK Good Samaritan Medical Office Building125 E. Maxwell St.
Suite 140 and Suite 300
Lexington, KY 40508Fax 859-323-0790
UK Midwife Clinic141 N. Eagle Creek Drive
Lexington, KY 40509Monday - Friday: 8:00 am-4:30 pm
If you are an existing patient, please be aware that due to HIPAA privacy we will not be able to give advice at this time via e-mail response. Please call the office for questions or concerns or use the My UK HealthCare patient portal. If this is a medical emergency, call 911.
Jessamine County Health Department210 E. Walnut Street
Nicholasville, KY 40356Fax 859-257-0629Monday: 1:00 pm-4:30 pm