Please refer to our Toy Drive Wish List for approved donations to KCH. Below is a list of the most frequently needed donations:
- Lego kits (small and medium sizes).
- Baby teethers and rattles.
- Crayola art supplies (24-count crayon packs, markers, colored pencils, scissors, etc.), coloring books, craft kits.
- Games (Uno, Skip-Bo, Phase Ten, board games, etc.).
- Infant/toddler musical or light-up toys (V-Tech, Fisher-Price, Munchkin, etc.).
- Little Tikes and Fisher-Price toys (people, vehicles, animals, etc.).
- DVDs (Rated G, PG and PG-13).
- Play-Doh and Play-Doh kits.
- Craft kits.
Our hospital serves newborns to 18-year-olds. While we encourage donations, it is important that any items given to hospitalized children comply with infection control and safety standards. We are unable to accept any of the following donations:
- Used toys, stuffed animals, books or clothing.
- Latex balloons.
- Food or live plants.
- Sharp or harmful objects.
- Mature-rated games/movies.
- Items with religious sayings, symbols, etc.
To assist with donations, we have created the following wish lists for specific items that can be found online and/or in stores. All donations made through wish lists will ship directly to KCH.
- Target: Registry for Kentucky Children’s Hospital (First name: Kentucky. Last name: Hospital.)
- Amazon: Kentucky Children’s Hospital Holiday Wish List
If you need help accessing the online wish lists, please contact the Child Life Department at KCHChildlife@uky.edu.
Monetary donations to the Child Life Department can be made online.
As an alternative to donating toys, please consider giving gift cards or monetary donations to the Child Life Department. The following gift cards are preferred: Amazon, Walmart, Target, iTunes, Google Play, movie theaters and other child-friendly stores.
Please include your name, email address and phone number with any mailed donation so we can receipt the donation. Gift cards can be dropped off during holiday donation hours or mailed to:
Kentucky Children’s Hospital – Child Life Department
800 Rose St.
4th Floor, Room HA444
Lexington, KY 40536