UK PharmacistCare: Point-of-care services
Bivalent COVID boosters & flu shots are here!
COVID-19 boosters are now available for everyone over age 12 who completed their initial vaccination series at least two months ago. Anyone age 6 months and older who has not yet had their initial vaccination series can get the monovalent vaccines. All are available at our pharmacy locations and the UK PharmacistCare Clinic at 245 Fountain Court, off Man O'War near Richmond Road in Lexington.
Flu shots may be received at the same time as the COVID vaccine; just let your pharmacist know.
For more information and to request an appointment, visit the ukvaccine.org.
Vaccinations, testing and treatment: No prescription necessary
UK Retail Pharmacies now offers a wide range of point-of-care services without a prescription, including:
- Vaccinations for:
- Open to anyone age 9 and up. (We recommend pregnant women discuss all vaccinations with their OB/GYN first.)
- High-dose flu shots also available
- Hepatitis A & B
- Pneumococcal pneumonia
- Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)
- Whooping cough
- UTIs: One-stop testing and treatment
- Open to women age 18-64 who have a history of UTIs and no unusual symptoms
- Flu: One-stop testing and treatment
- Tobacco cessation: counseling and medication
- Travel medicine: Required vaccinations by destination
Flu shots for Fall 2022 now available at UK Retail Pharmacies
Standard and high-dose flu shots for the 2022 flu season are available now at UK Retail Pharmacies. The high-dose shot is approved for people age 65 and older.
Standard flu shots are also available now for people age 9 and older at all UK Retail Pharmacy locations. (We do, however, recommend that children under 9 years old, pregnant women, HIV patients and transplant patients see their doctor for vaccination). UK HealthCare employees should consult their supervisor to arrange for a flu shot via Employee Health.
For questions about our PharmacistCare services or to request an appointment, call 859-562-2018.
Retail pharmacy locations
The following UK Retail Pharmacy locations are offering flu vaccinations:
- Kentucky Clinic Retail Pharmacy: Monday-Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Walk-ins accepted.
- Chandler Retail Pharmacy: Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. By appointment only.
- University Health Retail Pharmacy: Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Walk-ins will be accommodated when possible, but appointments are strongly encouraged.
- Good Samaritan Retail Pharmacy: Monday-Friday 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Appointment only.
- Turfland Clinic Retail Pharmacy, 2195 Harrodsburg Road: Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 9:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. Walk-ins accepted.
- UK Pharmacist Care Clinic, 245 Fountain Court, Room 220: Monday-Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Walk-ins accepted.