Vaccinations and Point-of-Care Services
Easy online scheduling is here!
Our scheduling system just got easier. Now, you can schedule vaccinations and one-stop testing services online without waiting – no MyChart account necessary. Just click the button below, choose PHARMACY and fill out the information, then pick a time and location that work for you. It's easy!
Flu shots for 2023 flu season now available
Standard and high-dose flu shots for the 2023 flu season are now available at UK Retail Pharmacies. The high-dose shot is approved for people age 65 and older.
Standard flu shots are also available now for people age 9 and older at all UK Retail Pharmacy locations. (We do, however, recommend that children under 9 years old, pregnant women, HIV patients and transplant patients see their doctor for vaccination). UK HealthCare employees should consult their supervisor to arrange for a flu shot via Employee Health.
COVID vaccine may be received at the same time as the flu shot; just let your pharmacist know.
For questions about our vaccination and point-of-care testing services or to request an appointment, call 859-562-2018.
The following UK Retail Pharmacy locations are offering flu and COVID-19 vaccinations:
- Kentucky Clinic Retail Pharmacy: Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Walk-ins accepted.
- Chandler Retail Pharmacy: Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Appointment only.
- University Health Retail Pharmacy: Monday-Friday, 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Appointments recommended; walk-ins accepted when staffing allows.
- Good Samaritan Retail Pharmacy: Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Appointment only.
- Turfland Clinic Retail Pharmacy: Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Appointments recommended; walk-ins accepted when staffing allows.
- UK Fountain Court Retail Pharmacy (Pharmacist Care Clinic, Room 220): Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. & Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Appointments recommended; walk-ins accepted Monday-Friday.
- The Apothecary at Gatton Student Center (first floor): Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Walk-ins accepted.
Vaccinations, testing and treatment: No prescription necessary
UK Retail Pharmacies now offers a wide range of point-of-care services without a prescription, including:
- Vaccinations for:
- Open to anyone age 9 and up. (We recommend pregnant women discuss all vaccinations with their OB/GYN first.)
- High-dose flu shots also available
- Hepatitis A & B
- Pneumococcal pneumonia
- Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)
- Whooping cough
- UTIs: One-stop testing and treatment (Kentucky Clinic Pharmacy only)
- Open to women age 18-64 who have a history of UTIs and no unusual symptoms
- Flu and Strep A: One-stop testing and treatment
- Allergic rhinitis (nasal allergies) testing and consultation
- Tobacco cessation: counseling and medication
Now offering Travel Health Services
Planning a trip abroad? We now offer required vaccinations for international travel, including:
- Yellow fever
- Japanese encephalitis
Routine vaccines, as well as over-the-counter (OTC) travel health items and prescription-based travel health medications are also available.
Travel health services are available at the UK Pharmacist Care Clinic, 245 Fountain Court, Room 220. Appointments are required.
It is best to get vaccinated 4-6 weeks before traveling abroad. To schedule an appointment, just click the button below, select "Pharmacy," then "Travel Health" and fill out the information.
Your first travel health appointment will be a TeleCare video appointment. Before your appointment, you will be asked to complete a travel health questionnaire. During your video visit, a member of the Pharmacist Care team will review your answers and provide counseling based on your travel itinerary and health information. The cost of the appointment is $75 and does not include costs for any OTC travel health items or medications that may be prescribed. You will need to schedule an additional in-person appointment if vaccinations are needed.
For questions about travel health services, please call 859-562-2018.
The FDA recently approved a new monovalent COVID vaccine for people 12 years and older. The booster is available through UK Retail Pharmacies. The new vaccine’s formulation was created to target virus strains that are currently most common in the community, helping to boost immunity and fight severe infection.
It is advised that patients continue receiving boosters as they are eligible. For additional help regarding the timing of your vaccine series, you can call the Pharmacist Care Team at 859-562-2018.
The COVID vaccine may be received at the same time as the flu shot; just let your pharmacist know.
The booster is available at all UK Retail Pharmacy locations and the Pharmacist Care Clinic at Fountain Court. COVID vaccinations continue to be free of charge.