Specialty Pharmacy Patient Information
The UK Specialty Pharmacy is designed to improve the lives of patients within UK HealthCare and their partner health systems who are taking high-cost and complicated medications, called specialty medications. We will work closely with you and your physician to help you succeed on your new therapy. This welcome packet will describe many of the services we offer.
Here are a few things you should know about UK Specialty Pharmacy:
- UK Specialty Pharmacy is a specialty pharmacy offering you support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. 4 We treat you as an individual and work with your care providers to create a program tailored to your specific condition.
- Because we want to be sure you understand and follow your prescription guidelines, you will be provided with education regarding your medication(s) in clinic or over the phone. In addition, we will provide you with other patient education materials.
- Our dedicated team of specialty pharmacy technicians will ensure the delivery of your monthly refills. 4 We will handle the details for shipping and delivering your specialty medications.
- We are experts in care with years of experience, and we can help you get the treatment you need. 4 Additionally, UK Specialty Pharmacy provides resources to patient advocacy and support groups accessible at any time from our website (ukspecialtypharmacy.org) or in writing when requested from the pharmacists. UK Specialty Pharmacy’s website also provides access anytime to the evidence-based resources we use to design our Patient Management Program.
Contact information and hours of operation
UK Specialty Pharmacy is located in Room HC-201 in UK Chandler Hospital Pavilion H. However, this location is accessible only to UK HealthCare employees.
We encourage you to take advantage of our delivery options. Your medications may be delivered to you via FedEx Express, UPS or by courier in the Lexington/Central Bluegrass area. When necessary, arrangements may also be made for you to pick up your medications at the Kentucky Clinic Pharmacy.
UK Specialty Pharmacy
Hours: Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Closed on university holidays
For after-hours questions, please call 859-323-5000 and ask to speak to the specialty pharmacist on call.
You may choose to call the Kentucky Clinic Pharmacy for general prescription questions, such as the status of your prescription or your co-pay amount, when UK Specialty Pharmacy is not open.
Kentucky Clinic Pharmacy
740 S. Limestone, Room J-134
Hours: Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Closed on university holidays
- New Year’s Day (January 1)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (third Monday in January)
- Memorial Day (last Monday in May) Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day (first Monday in September) Thanksgiving Day (fourth Thursday in November) Christmas Day (December 25)
Tips for success
At UK Specialty Pharmacy, we are here to help you get the most out of your medication. Our clinicians are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to answer your questions and provide you with the support you need. Below are a few tips that can help you achieve the best results from the therapy prescribed by your doctor:
1. Follow your doctor's directions.
It is especially important that you follow the directions given by your doctor for your medication in order to get the best results. That includes taking the right dosage at the right time and for the prescribed length of therapy.
2. Ask questions.
Educating yourself on the medications you are taking and the disease for which you are being treated is a very important part of dealing with the changes you are experiencing. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for any other educational resources specific to your condition.
3. Call us!
If you have any unanswered questions or need any further support, call us at any time, day or night, at our toll-free phone number. Our pharmacists are here to help you!
Please call UK Specialty Pharmacy at 844-730-5913 (toll free) for more details.