- Staffed by specially trained clinical pharmacists who are trained to manage oral and injectable anticoagulation therapy.
- The clinic provides warfarin patient education, point of care and venipuncture INR monitoring and refill management.
- Recommendations for INR goal, INR monitoring schedule, dose adjustment and duration of therapy based on current clinical practice and UK Guidelines.
- Evaluation for home/remote INR monitoring, including assessment of insurance coverage.
- Communication with managing provider for anticoagulant bridging (e.g., LMWH) in the setting of subtherapeutic INRs or periprocedural management.
- Periprocedural anticoagulant patient education and instructions.
- Transitioning to/from other anticoagulants (e.g., DOACs).
- Documentation for each visit in the electronic health record.
- Patients must have managing/supervising UK provider who sees patient at least once a year.
- Managing providers must sign Collaborative Practice Agreement annually.
- Referral forms must be completed by physician or representative before first appointment.
- Referral forms are located on UK HealthCare CareWeb and can be faxed or emailed, or submitted through the electronic health record, AEHR: Fu/Ref Consult Coumadin Clinic.