UK HealthCare currently offers two ways to see a provider online so you don’t have to leave home.
- UK TeleCare is for your regularly scheduled primary and specialty care appointments. Individual clinics will be contacting you to transition your in-person visit to a TeleCare visit.
- UK Urgent TeleCare is available for sudden onset symptoms such as fever, cough, congestion, respiratory difficulties or sore throat. This is similar to visiting an urgent care clinic.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic UK HealthCare primary and specialty clinics are transitioning, when appropriate, from in-person visits to TeleCare visits. Our technology allows you to conduct your healthcare visit via Zoom videoconferencing. When video options are not available, telephone visits can be used for some interactions.
To make an appointment, call 859-257-1000.
If you are unsure whether you should go to your appointment in person or if you are scheduled for a UK TeleCare visit, please contact the clinic.
Patients using our TeleCare options must be in the Commonwealth of Kentucky at the time of the visit. Unlike in-person visits, there are no paper appointment reminders.
UK HealthCare staff will need to call you in the days before your TeleCare visit. Please answer all calls so that we can reach you and share important information before and/or after your visit.
Traveling to a doctor’s appointment can be difficult, especially when you feel like you’re getting sick. It takes time and effort and can be a challenge when your energy is low or you fear that you’re contagious.
Call 833-739-0225 to arrange your virtual visit.
UK HealthCare TeleCare makes it easy for patients with quick-onset symptoms – such as fever, cough, congestion, respiratory difficulties or sore throat – to get expert care without leaving the comfort of their homes. Through our TeleCare technology, you can set up a videoconference visit with one of our skilled advanced practice providers. It’s like “face-timing” with our healthcare staff from your own living room.
Urgent TeleCare visits are available:
- Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Saturday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Setting up your UK Urgent TeleCare visit
- To get started, call 833-739-0225 to arrange your virtual visit. At that time, we’ll tell you what equipment you’ll need, gather information and send an email with details and a link for your visit. With that link, you’ll take a spot in our “virtual waiting room.” Visits are first-come, first-served, and wait times will vary depending on demand.
- You will need to remain available online until a provider joins your visit. If you’re not connected when the provider joins, they will check back one additional time. If, after the second attempt, you and the provider have not connected, you must call back and start the process again.
- Visits require access to a device with a camera (smartphone, tablet or computer), access to an internet connection and an active email account.
- You’ll need the Zoom videoconferencing app for your visit. Depending on your device, you may need to download Zoom.
- Technical assistance with Zoom is available Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. at 859-218-6221 or 844-820-7344.
- We’ll e-mail you instructions as well as patient consent forms, and you must provide consent by phone or through email.
- A bill for your copay will be mailed to you.
- Interpreter services are available.
- If you need a school or work excuse, please tell your provider. A note confirming your visit and any restrictions will be mailed to the address on file.
Although not required, you may want to have the following on hand for your visit:
- List of medications.
- Blood pressure cuff.
- Most recent blood glucose reading, if you have diabetes.
- Most recent weight, if this is a visit is for a child.