Due to the COVID-19 pandemic UK HealthCare primary care and specialty care clinics are seeing patients virtually with UK TeleCare. Our technology allows you to conduct your healthcare visit via Zoom videoconferencing. When video options are not available, telephone visits can be used for some interactions.
To schedule a TeleCare visit, call your clinic as usual.
If you are unable to reach the clinic, call 859-257-1000 for assistance.
If you are unsure whether you should go to your appointment in person or if you are scheduled for a UK TeleCare visit, please contact the clinic.
Patients using our TeleCare options must be in the Commonwealth of Kentucky at the time of the visit. Unlike in-person visits, there are no paper appointment reminders.
UK HealthCare staff will need to call you in the days before your TeleCare visit. Please answer all calls so that we can reach you and share important information before and/or after your visit.
- Visits require access to a device with a camera (smartphone, tablet or computer), access to an internet connection and an active email account.
- TeleCare visits will be conducted using Zoom, an online video meeting tool. You will receive an email with a link to your appointment. When you click the link, it will open a web browser and automatically download Zoom. You also can use the Zoom app on your phone or tablet to join the appointment.
- Technical assistance with Zoom is available Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. at 859-218-6221 or 844-820-7344.
- We’ll e-mail you instructions as well as patient consent forms, and you must provide consent by phone or through email.
- A bill for your copay will be mailed to you.
- Interpreter services are available.
- If you need a school or work excuse, please tell your provider. A note confirming your visit and any restrictions will be mailed to the address on file.
Privacy and security
We are committed to the privacy and security of our patients. TeleCare visits will be conducted through a HIPAA-compliant version of the videoconferencing app Zoom. Some of you might have used Zoom for work meetings – our version looks the same, but contains extra privacy measures. It’s also important to protect your privacy, by not sharing your Zoom link.
Although not required, you may want to have the following on hand for your visit:
- List of medications.
- Blood pressure cuff.
- Most recent blood glucose reading, if you have diabetes.
- Most recent weight, if this is a visit is for a child.
These are forms you may need for your TeleCare visit:
- HIPAA Notices of Privacy Practices (PDF, 683 KB)
- Aviso de Prácticas sobre Privacidad (PDF, 750 KB)
- Authorizations & Agreements (PDF, 660 KB)
- Autorizaciones y Convenios (PDF, 732 KB)
- TeleCare Consent to Treat (PDF, 33 KB)
- Consentimiento para Cuidado Mediante Telesalud (PDF, 147 KB)
- How to connect to your visit (PDF, 133 KB)
- Instrucciones para conectarse a su visita electronica de Telesalud (PDF, 134 KB)