We're Here to Care For You
It’s more important than ever to stay on top of your health care needs – wherever you are in the Bluegrass State. That’s why UK HealthCare primary care and specialty care clinics can now see you virtually with UK TeleCare.
From the comfort of your own home, you can receive the same high-quality and expert care as an in-person visit. As always, your health and safety are our top priorities.
When video options are not available, telephone visits can be used for some interactions. To schedule a TeleCare visit, call your clinic as usual.
If you are unable to reach the clinic, call 859-257-1000 for assistance.
If you are unsure whether you should go to your appointment in person or if you are scheduled for a UK TeleCare visit, please contact the clinic.
Patients using our TeleCare options must be in the Commonwealth of Kentucky at the time of the visit. Unlike in-person visits, there are no paper appointment reminders.
UK HealthCare staff will need to call you in the days before your TeleCare visit. Please answer all calls so that we can reach you and share important information before and/or after your visit. In addition, you will need to sign up for a MyChart account. The scheduler or your clinic staff will have additional information about how to sign up for MyChart.
- Visits require access to a device with a camera (smartphone, tablet or computer), access to an internet connection and an active email account.
UK TeleCare visits through the UK HealthCare MyChart patient portal are a convenient way to meet with your provider online and address your concerns.
With UK TeleCare visits, you’re not required to come to a clinic. You’ll meet with your provider via video through MyChart using a smartphone, tablet or desktop computer. If using a desktop computer, be sure a camera is connected. You’ll also need an internet connection.
You can schedule a TeleCare appointment by calling your UK HealthCare provider’s office. You can also use the scheduling tool in the MyChart app. If you don’t yet have a MyChart account, learn about setting one up at ukhealthcare.com/mychart. Please be sure to set up your account well before your visit.
Here are some tips to help you have a successful video visit through MyChart:
Get ready for your visit
- Be prepared for your visit 15 minutes ahead of the scheduled start time.
- Have your insurance cards, driver’s license and a list of current medications on-hand.
- Settle into a quiet, private area, if possible, so that you’ll be comfortable speaking with your provider (no moving vehicles or loud public places).
Access your visit through MyChart
- Log into your MyChart account on your desktop computer, smartphone app or tablet app.
- When prompted, allow camera and microphone access.
- In the left menu, select “Visits,” then “Appointments and Visits.”
- Click the appropriate appointment, then follow the prompts to complete the electronic check-in process.
- Once you’ve answered all questions in the check-in process, select “Submit.”
- Select “Begin Video Visit.”
- Your provider will be notified that you’ve joined the visit and will join when ready.
Get additional help
- Learn more about using MyChart at ukhealthcare.uky.edu/mychart-patient-guide.
- If you cannot access MyChart or have trouble using it, your clinic can provide you with other options for your visit.
- For more help, contact the MyChart Help Desk at 859-218-6221 or 844-820-7344 (toll-free). Or email UKHCMyChart@uky.edu.
Privacy and security
We are committed to the privacy and security of our patients.
Although not required, you may want to have the following on hand for your visit:
- List of medications.
- Blood pressure cuff.
- Most recent blood glucose reading, if you have diabetes.
- Most recent weight, if this is a visit is for a child.
These are forms you may need for your TeleCare visit: