To be as fair as possible, UK HealthCare is following Kentucky’s phased plan.
Kentucky and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have directed that vaccinations be offered in the following phases:
- 1A: Long-term care facilities, assisted living facilities, healthcare personnel.*
- 1B: First responders, anyone age 70 or older, K-12 school personnel.*
- 1C: Anyone age 60 or older, anyone age 16 or older with CDC highest risk C19 conditions, all essential workers.
- 2: Anyone age 40 or older.
- 3: Anyone age 16 or older.
- 4: Children under the age of 16 if the vaccine is approved for this age group (est. 18 percent of Ky. population).
UK HealthCare is now accepting applications for volunteers to work at our community COVID-19 vaccination clinic at Kroger Field.
Licensed health care workers are needed, as are people who can fill wayfinding and registration roles. Health care experience is not required for all roles.
If you are interested in volunteering your time for this effort, please click the button below to fill out the survey. This survey will help us match your qualifications with roles at the clinic. If your qualifications match our need, you will be invited to choose a day and time to volunteer.
Please note that because our staffing needs are very specific, not everyone who registers to volunteer will receive an invitation.
The Kroger Field Community Vaccination Clinic, operated by UK HealthCare Pharmacy Services, offers COVID-19 vaccination to members of the public. There is no charge for these vaccinations. This highly efficient operation has the capacity to vaccinate as many as 3,000 people a day. The clinic operates Tuesday – Friday, 9 a.m.-7 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
Thank you for your willingness to devote your time to this very important effort. Together, we hope to bring an end to this pandemic.