To be as fair as possible, UK HealthCare is following Kentucky’s phased plan.
Kentucky and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have directed that vaccinations be offered in the following phases:
- 1A: Long-term care facilities, assisted living facilities, healthcare personnel.*
- 1B: First responders, anyone age 70 or older, K-12 school personnel.*
- 1C: Anyone age 60 or older, anyone age 16 or older with CDC highest risk C19 conditions, all essential workers.*
- 2: Anyone age 40 or older.*
- 3: Anyone age 16 or older.*
- 4: Children under the age of 16 if the vaccine is approved for this age group (est. 18 percent of Ky. population).