Your home for LGBTQ* specialized care and education
What is Transform Health?
- Transform Health is a group of dedicated providers offering high-quality care for LGBTQ* patients.
- We are training students and residents in LGBTQ* health.
- We are doing research that will help us learn more about LGBTQ* health.
- We are connecting with the LGBTQ* community in the Bluegrass and beyond.
Your LGBTQ* Clinic
- Transform Health is a partnership of UK HealthCare providers who have the shared goal of meeting many of the unique medical needs of people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, questioning and/or anywhere on this spectrum, as well as those who consider themselves on the transgender spectrum.
- Our clinic is a place for you to feel safe and receive evidence-based care that takes into account all of who you are.
What do we offer?
Our providers offer care at two main sites:
- Family Medicine Transform Health Clinic at UK HealthCare-Turfland: Our site for community members (UK students should make an appointment at our campus clinic).
- University Health Service (UHS): Our campus location for UK students.
At our two main sites, we do:
- Primary care and prevention (vaccines, cancer screenings, general health).
- PrEP (for HIV prevention) and PEP (post-exposure HIV).
- Hormone therapy for older teens and adults.
- Counseling or counseling referrals.
- Care of chronic conditions (e.g. high blood pressure).
- Referrals to our surgical partners as indicated.
The Trans* and Gender Non-conforming Support Group is available for UK Students through the UK Counseling Center.
Our surgical partners
- Plastic surgery: Kant Lin, James Liau
- Urology: Shubham Gupta, Alison Rasper
- Gynecology: Frederick Zachman, Mark Hoffman
- ENT (Facial Surgery): Nikita Gupta
Vision & mission
The Transform Health initiative seeks to improve the health of the LGBTQ* community in Kentucky and serve as the state’s leading resource for education and research on LGBTQ* health
Transform Health is an interprofessional healthcare home for LGBTQ* patients of all ages to receive evidence-based, high-quality care in a safe place. Transform Health provides clinical care and is the central resource to train students, faculty and staff in LGBTQ* care, to contribute to the body of knowledge through ethical research, and to provide outreach and resources throughout the state.
University Health Service Building830 S. Limestone
Lexington KY 40536Monday - Friday: 8:00 am-5:00 pm
We are located two buildings down from the Kentucky Clinic and directly across S. Limestone from the Speedway gas station.