Personalized primary care at UK HealthCare
In an era of complex medical advancements and specialized treatments, primary care remains the foundation of health care for everyone. Primary care providers (PCPs) at UK HealthCare offer Central Kentucky residents comprehensive, personalized care. They work with patients to address immediate needs, establish preventive strategies and set the stage for overall well-being. Primary care providers are often physicians, but they may also be nurse practitioners or physician assistants.
Our primary care providers at UK HealthCare act as the long-term quarterbacks of your healthcare team. They address a robust spectrum of needs, including:
- Acute and chronic condition management
- Care coordination with specialists
- Medication management
- Preventive care, including coordination of screenings and vaccines
Because you see your primary care provider regularly and not only when an illness or injury occurs, these clinicians are familiar with your baseline health and can recognize changes that warrant further investigation.
Primary care options tailored to you
Primary care providers can specialize in different types of care, including:
This means members of your family may visit different providers for the care they need.
When selecting a primary care provider, consider several factors to ensure the provider is a good match for you. Ask yourself these questions:
- What type of provider aligns with your needs?
- What are the provider’s qualifications, credentials and experience?
- Does the provider have a strong track record of providing the type of care you seek?
- How accessible is the provider? Consider location, office hours and the ability to accommodate your scheduling preferences. This will help ensure you have convenient and timely access to care.
- What is the provider’s communication style? Do you prefer straight, no-frills conversations, or would you feel better talking with someone who takes a gentler approach when sharing advice and information?
You can choose who you would like to have as your primary care provider, and you can change your selection if they aren’t the right fit. If it isn’t a good match, talk to the scheduler about making your next appointment with a different provider.
Why choose UK HealthCare for primary care services?
At UK HealthCare, you can count on a multidisciplinary team of experts to provide care during every stage of life. The thousands of medical professionals at the hospitals and clinics of UK HealthCare are dedicated to enhancing health in the communities where we live and work.
If you are seeking providers who prioritize convenience, accessibility and comprehensive services, we have you covered. With multiple locations throughout the region, we bring high-quality primary care closer to you. Plus, our facilities offer on-site availability for imaging services and blood work, with lab facilities available in select locations. This means you can get the diagnostic tests and results you need promptly, streamlining your healthcare experience.
Our commitment to your convenience extends to flexible scheduling, including same-day and next-day appointments, online scheduling for established patients, and urgent care services. We understand that life is unpredictable, and your health should never be compromised. For a seamless, patient-centric experience that puts your well-being first, choose UK HealthCare.