At the Counseling Center, various counseling formats are offered to help with tobacco cessation, reducing tobacco use, and managing stress and cravings. Students must be enrolled at UK for at least 6 credit hours to be eligible for services and to receive free nicotine replacement products (patches and/or gum) at no cost. Call 859-257-8701 today to schedule your appointment.
- Check out these free smartphone apps to help you quit: NCI QuitPal supports smokers working to become smoke-free. It was developed using proven quit-smoking strategies and tools. Smokefree Teen QuitSTART tracks your cravings and moods, monitors your progress, identifies your smoking triggers, and offers personalized “pick-me-ups” and reminders to use during challenging times.
- Tobacco-Free Generation Campus Initiative offers college students free on-line information, guides, and resources related to tobacco and quitting tobacco use.
- My Last Dip is a free Web-based intervention that is designed to help young smokeless tobacco users quit.
- Kill the Can offers free resources and tools to help dip, snuff, and chewing tobacco users quit. Along with useful information, it offers a support forum and a live quit chat room.
- Become an Ex teaches you how to re-learn life without cigarettes in 3 steps - all geared to help make the seemingly impossible possible.
- Freedom from Smoking® Online Program from the American Lung Association consists of seven modules, each containing four lessons, to assist you in quitting tobacco. Participants are also encouraged to participate in message boards to give and receive support as they go through the quit process.
- UK's Tobacco Free site