Welcome to KYHEC
We are excited to announce a new opportunity for ethics networking, education and training: the Kentucky Healthcare Ethics Consortium. KYHEC officially launched July 1, 2016 and membership in the consortium is open to all hospitals and healthcare institutions in Kentucky and the surrounding area.
We are always accepting new members. Please complete and submit our online membership form.
Interest and enthusiasm for a group like KYHEC was confirmed by a survey sent to healthcare institutions in Kentucky in the fall of 2015.
People who have ethics-related responsibilities at KYHEC member institutions will have numerous opportunities for networking with colleagues from other institutions, access to a wide range of educational and training materials, and opportunities each year for in-person conferences and workshops. An annual membership in KYHEC for your institution includes:
- Free registration for two attendees at the annual KYHEC one-day conference
- Reduced registration for additional attendees
- Free access to KYHEC in-person workshops and case conferences
- Access to the KYHEC member email listserv for all interested ethics personnel at your institution
- Access to live webinars
- Access to KYHEC members-only website that includes:
- Recorded Clinical Ethics Grand Rounds from UK HealthCare
- Education and training materials, including issue summaries, analysis tools, and articles
- Links to helpful sites around the web
- Example policies on ethics-related issues
- All healthcare institutions that join KYHEC for 2018-2019 will also receive a free copy of "A Practical Guide to Developing and Sustaining a Clinical Ethics Consultation Service" by Courtenay Bruce, et al. at Baylor College of Medicine's Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy.
A one-year institutional membership is $1,000. If your institution is a member of the Markey Cancer Center Affiliate Network, your membership is a free benefit of the affiliate network.