Patient/Family Advisory Councils
UK HealthCare is committed to improving partnerships with patients, families and guests. One way these partnerships can be strengthened is through patient and family advisory councils.
Advisory councils are structured to meet monthly. They are intended to provide our enterprise with insight, feedback and information from a patient and family perspective so that we may continually improve quality, safety and service.
Current patient/family advisory councils
- Parent Partnership Advisory Council is made up of parents and/or guardians and focuses on services at Kentucky Children’s Hospital and in our pediatric clinics.
- Employee/Patient Family Advisory Council is made up of UK HealthCare employees who have also experienced health care from a patient or a caregiver perspective.
- Cardiovascular Services Advisory Council brings together current and former patients who have received treatment and care from our cardiovascular services area.
- Patient and Family Advisory Council is the main council for Chandler, Good Samaritan and outpatient clinic patients/caregivers who have received care across multiple services.
- Cystic Fibrosis Advisory Council is comprised of patients who have received treatment and care from Pulmonary and Internal Medicine, along with various other services and specialty care throughout the enterprise.
- NICU Advisory Council is made up of parents and/or guardians who have had babies cared for in our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
If you are interested in learning about our advisory councils and the steps required to serve as a council member, please contact us via email at email@example.com. You are also welcome to call 859-323-4963.