Primary eye care providers are trained to provide patients with comprehensive ocular health assessments, refractions and contact lens fittings.
Along with treating dry eyes and red eyes, we offer the following services:
- Ocular health assessments, including initial assessment for glaucoma, cataracts, diabetic retinopathy and age-related macular degeneration. An ocular health assessment consists of the following:
- Medical history.
- Visual acuity – read an eye chart to determine how well you see at various distances.
- Pupil response to light.
- Peripheral vision.
- Eye movement.
- Eye pressure – to check for glaucoma.
- Slit lamp testing for the front of your eye – to check for cataracts or scratches on cornea.
- Dilation to examine your retina and optic nerve – your eyes may be sensitive to light for a few hours after they are dilated.
- Contact lens fittings.
- Eye examinations required by schools.
In the event that a patient needs to be referred to a specialist for further treatment, we can refer you to a provider within UK Advanced Eye Care.
Learn more about what to expect during your visit.
Optometry/Primary Eye Care
Shriners Hospitals for Children Medical Center — Lexington110 Conn Terrace
Lexington, KY 40508Fax 859-323-8510 (General) and 859-257-6718 (Referring Providers)Monday - Friday: 8:00 am-5:00 pm
UK HealthCare Eye Center - Richmond920 Barnes Mills Road
Richmond, KY 40475
(Cornea and external diseases, glaucoma, pediatric ophthalmology, primary eye care, retina and vitreous disorders)
UK Manchester Eye Care231 White St.
Manchester, KY 40962
(Primary eye care, retina and vitreous disorders)
UK Advanced Eye Care - Turfland
UK HealthCare - Turfland2195 Harrodsburg Road
Lexington, KY 40504Fax 859-323-5608Monday - Friday: 8:00 am-5:00 pm
(Primary eye care)
PLEASE NOTE: UK Optical Shops at Shriners and Turfland are CLOSED. The providers of General Ophthalmology are still seeing patients as scheduled. See full notice »