Our mission in the Office of Advanced Practice is to recruit and retain the best providers and help them practice at the top of their license.
In an effort to support and promote leadership and clinical excellence in Advanced Practice at UK HealthCare, the Advanced Practice Provider Leadership and Excellence (APPLE©) Award seeks to recognize excellence among the advanced practice providers at UK HealthCare based on the following criteria:
- Minimum of two consecutive years in a UK HealthCare advanced practice provider role
- Currently employed at UK HealthCare in an advanced practice provider role with a minimum clinical FTE of 0.75.
- Current Licensure
- Must meet minimum scoring requirements on annual Performance Evaluations including scoring on the Living DIReCT organizational values (Diversity, Innovation, Respect, Compassion, and Teamwork)
- Nominee must not currently be in a corrective action status, nor have been in a corrective action status for the six months prior to the date of the nomination.
Evaluation Criteria (Choose 4 of 8):
- Clinical skill
- Academic excellence
- Student mentorship/preceptorship
- Quality and/or process improvement
- Contributions that advance the UK HealthCare Strategic Plan
- Demonstration of leadership
- Fosters collegial and collaborative relationships with other health care providers
- Presents a professional image of APPs in the public arena
Nomination Submission Requirements:
- 500-1,000 word statement that explains how the nominee meets the four award criteria
- One letter of recommendation from the nominee’s Department Faculty Chairperson
- One letter of recommendation from any UK Faculty or Staff member
- Nominations must be submitted in full with all supplemental components via the online submission link; paper or email submissions will not be accepted.
- Nominations will be accepted October 21 - November 30, 2020
Award Determination and Announcement:
- Submissions will be reviewed by and winner will be chosen by the APPLE Award Committee; Winner will be announced during APP week.
- Questions: contact email@example.com or call 859-218-6164
Important Points to Consider:
- If you have spoken to a potential preceptor, we will need an email confirmation from that person stating that they have agreed to take you as a student before we can approve your request. Please send confirmations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Request Submission Windows:
- Spring Semester: October 15-November 30
- Summer Semester: March 15-April 30
- Fall Semester: July 15-August 30
- A confirmation from a potential preceptor does not guarantee placement. We are obligated to place the UK College of Nursing and College of Health Sciences students prior to approving placements from students enrolled at other schools. Additionally, your school’s approval of a placement from a curriculum standpoint does not confer placement approval at UKHC. We do not guarantee placement to any student.
- A student agreement between UKHC and your school must be on file before we can approve your placement. Check with your school representative to verify that your institution has a student agreement on file with UKHC.
- Approvals from the Office of Advanced Practice are sent via email approximately 4-6 weeks prior to the date of the beginning of the semester requested.
- Two Approvals from UKHC (Office of Advanced Practice and Office of Observation and Learning Experience) are required before you can begin clinical hours
- Once you have received approval from the Office of Advanced Practice, you must obtain a second approval from the Office of Observation and Learning Experience (OLE). You cannot begin any clinical hours until you have an ID badge, and you must display the student placard with the badge at all times while obtaining clinical hours.
The Advanced Practice Council meets monthly on the fourth Tuesday of every month at 4pm. Council meetings are held via Zoom and all UK HealthCare advanced practice providers are encouraged to attend. For Zoom information, please contact email@example.com
Q&A Sessions will be held quarterly and APPs are encouraged to submit their questions for these sessions in advance via this link: Advanced Practice Council Q&A Question Submission. You will also be available to ask questions via the Zoom live-stream as well.
Advanced Practice Council Meetings through 2021:
- October 27, 2020 (Q&A Session)
- November 24, 2020
- December 2020 (No Meeting)
- January 26, 2021
- February 23, 2021
- March 23, 2021 (Q&A Session)
- April 27, 2021
- May 25, 2021
- June 22, 2021
- July 27, 2021 (Q&A Session)
- August 24, 2021
- September 28, 2021
- October 26, 2021 (Q&A Session)
- November 23, 2021
- December 2021 (No Meeting)
At UK HealthCare, we are committed to providing opportunities to further educate Advanced Practice Providers. APPs can specialize their training through many of our outstanding post-graduate residency and fellowship programs.
List of programs:
- Critical Care Advanced Practice Provider Fellowship
- Emergency Medicine Advanced Practice Provider Residency
- Hospital Medicine Advanced Practice Provider Residency
- Neonatal Physician Assistant Residency
- Psychiatry Advanced Practice Provider Residency
- College of Health Sciences Physician Assistant Residencies in Critical Care, Hospital Medicine and acute care surgery