If you need urgent care, call 911 or go to your nearest emergency department.
The UK Chandler Emergency Department has four areas for specific types of patients: Level I trauma for the most critically injured adults and children, acute care for seriously ill or injured adults, Express Care for those with less urgent conditions, and the separate Makenna David Pediatric Emergency Center for children.
UK Good Samaritan Hospital Emergency Department combines a community hospital feel with the expertise of UK physicians.
Makenna David Pediatric Emergency Center
UK Albert B. Chandler Hospital Emergency Department1000 S. Limestone
Lexington KY 40536
UK Chandler Emergency Department
UK Albert B. Chandler Hospital - Pavilion A1000 S. Limestone
Lexington KY 40536Fax 859-323-5682
UK Emergency Department triage process
Upon arrival at any of our Emergency Departments, please go to the Welcome Center or Information Desk.
1. Sign in: Upon arrival, please sign in with some basic information at the Welcome Center desk.
2. Talk with the triage nurse: The triage nurse will discuss your condition and decide what treatment is needed.
• Tell the triage nurse all medical information, including the symptoms you are having.
• Ask the nurse before eating or drinking anything as this may interfere with your treatment
3. Register: A patient relations assistant will begin the registration process, either at the front desk or bedside. You will be asked for information important to include in your medical record, such as your:
• Phone number
4. Provide your insurance or payment information: At some point during your care, we will collect your insurance information and obtain a copy of your insurance card so payment for your visit may be arranged.
If you do not have insurance, please let us know and a variety of payment options can be discussed.
5. Pay co-payment, deductible or deposit: Co-payments, deductibles or deposits on your account will be taken by one of our patient relations assistants near the end of your visit.
Please be patient. Please understand that some people who arrive after you may be seen before you. Emergency visits are not like doctor's office visits. There are no scheduled appointments. Instead, patients are seen in different areas based on the type of illness or injury they have.