At UK Transplant Center, we carefully monitor a large amount data about our program, including:
- The number of our patients on a waiting list for an organ.
- How quickly our patients receive transplants.
- How these numbers compare to other transplant centers in Kentucky and the surrounding region.
- The number of transplants performed at UK Transplant Center.
- In kidney transplant, the number of transplants we perform with organs from deceased donors compared to those from living donors.
- The survival rate for our patients who receive kidneys from living donors.
- The survival rate for living kidney donors.
- The survival rate of patients one month, one year and three years after transplant.
- The survival rate of the transplanted organ one month, one year and three years after transplant.
- How the observed survival of our patients compares to the expected rate of survival.
We invite you to learn more about the quality data we track at UK Transplant Center. Please ask your nurse coordinator for more information.