Mission, Vision and Values
Through our DIReCT values, in support of our mission and commitment to patient care, education and research, our 2025 vision will inspire us toward an achievable future.
One community committed to creating a healthier Kentucky.
UK HealthCare, the College of Medicine and Eastern State Hospital have implemented five values to help guide actions, behaviors and decision-making to foster a cohesive work culture focused on patient-centered care.
The DIReCT values are:
- Diversity: We foster a people-centered environment that is inclusive of all.
- Innovation: We embrace continual learning and improvement to drive positive change.
- Respect: We value our patients and families, our community, our co-workers, ourselves, and the resources entrusted to us.
- Compassion: We express empathy for the needs, thoughts and feelings of those we serve and with whom we work.
- Teamwork: We cultivate and maintain meaningful relationships to create positive outcomes.