About Safe Kids Fayette County
Who we are
Safe Kids Fayette County is a network of community partners dedicated to preventing accidental injuries to children of all ages by stimulating changes in attitudes, behavior and the environment. We empower families and neighborhood communities to create safe environments, conduct research and advocate for effective laws.
The work of Safe Kids is accomplished by countless hours of service provided by our team of devoted volunteers.
What we do
There is no one device or solution to effectively prevent all types of accidental childhood injuries. Instead, Safe Kids combines several factors to create programs that reduce injuries:
- Educating adults and children.
- Creating safe environments.
- Conducting research.
- Advocating for effective laws.
Safe Kids is a trusted resource in childhood injury prevention. If you have any questions about who we are, programs we provide, upcoming meetings, safety laws, membership or have any ideas, we would love to hear from you! You can give us a call at 859-323-1153 or send us a letter to our office:
Safe Kids Fayette County
Kentucky Children's Hospital
2333 Alumni Park Plaza, Suite 105
Lexington KY 40517
Coalition Partners are organizations that offer their support to the many programs Safe Kids has to offer. Thank you for all of your help!
Interested in becoming a Coalition Partner? Give us a call at 859-313-1153 to find out how to you can make a difference.
- AAA Hamburg Lexington
- Anthem, Inc.
- Brain Injury Alliance of Kentucky
- Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital
- Child Care Council of Kentucky
- Children's Advocacy Center of the Bluegrass
- Emergency Nurses Association - Kentucky State Council
- Exhilarating Inc.
- Family Care Center
- Fayette County Public Schools
- FCPS - Early Childhood Education
- FCPS - Family Resource/Youth Services Centers
- Humana Healthy Horizons
- Kentucky Children's Hospital
- Kentucky Injury Prevention and Research Center
- Kentucky Safety and Prevention Alignment Network (KSPAN)
- Kroger Stores
- Lexington-Bluegrass Association of Realtors
- Lexington Division of Fire and Emergency Services
- Lexington Division of Police
- Lexington Family Magazine
- Lexington-Fayette County Health Department - Child Care Health Consultation
- LFUCG Division of Parks and Recreation
- Lexington Medical Society Alliance
- New Vista
- Norton Children's Prevention & Wellness
- Office of the Fayette County Sheriff
- Operation Making a Change (OMAC)
- Pair O Medics Emergency Training LLC
- Partners for Youth
- Police Athletic/Activities League
- Second Presbyterian Church Parish Nursing
- Sisters of Invention
- UK College of Nursing
- UK General Pediatrics at Kentucky Clinic South
- UK Healthcare Brand Strategy
- UK Healthcare Public Relations
- UK Trauma Program Office
- WayPoint Center at the Charles Young Center
- YMCA of Central Kentucky