- Always wear a helmet for all rides.
- Wear additional layers of protection: over-the-ankle boots, long pants, gloves, goggles and long sleeves to protect against cuts and abrasions and other injuries from rocks, trees and debris.
- Avoid paved roads and unfamiliar terrain as they can be dangerous for ATVs.
- Stay on designated trails and off public roadways.
- Attend an ATV safety course.
Flyers available for download:
ATV Safety - Kentucky Office of Highway Safety (PDF, 124 KB)
Brain Injury Association of Kentucky
ATV Safety Institute
4-H ATV Safety