While opioids remain a critical component of pain care for certain populations and kinds of pain, this benefit must be balanced with the inherent risks of opioid therapy.
- For more information about the risks of opioids and opioid addiction, visit dontletthemdie.com.
- Mobile Apps for Patient Assistance with Pain and Stress (PDF, 168 KB)
Free apps to help with pain management
- Patient Education: Non-Opioid Chronic Pain Treatment (PDF, 1.3 MB)
Treatment of chronic pain
- Patient Education: Opioid Initiation Checklist (PDF, 36 KB)
Questions to ask your doctor before taking opioids
- What you need to know about taking opioids (PDF, 171 KB)
- Do you know how to properly dispose of unused medication? If not, see this guide from Allied Against Opioid Abuse, then view prescription drug disposal locations (link below) to find the one nearest you.
- Prescription drug disposal locations
- Naloxone locator – Opioid overdose can be deadly, even when the medication is prescribed. For more information about what you can do, and to find the nearest pharmacy dispensing naloxone, visit StopOverdosesKY.