/ by UK HealthCare
- Fiber bars
- Increased water consumption
Increase fluids, such as Gatorade, BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast). If severe, lasting more than 48 hours or if bloody, consult provider.
- Gas X®
Headaches, cold symptoms, allergies:
- Sudafed® for stuffy nose
- Zyrtec®, Claritin® (Loratadine) or Benadryl® (Diphenhydramine HCl) for allergies
- Mucinex® (Guaifenesin)or Hall’s drops for cough
- Chloraseptic® spray for sore throat
Nausea and/or vomiting:
- Tums® or Viactiv® chews
- Over-the-counter Zantac® Emetrol
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)- 50 mg daily
- Candied Ginger (sold at Whole Foods and Williams & Sonoma)
- ½ tablet Unisom® at bedtime
Do not use any form of Retin A (Tretinoin) during the length of your pregnancy
Refrain from using skin treatments first trimester
- Miconazole Nitrate (Monistat®)
Note: These medications are considered safe when taken as instructed, but please consult with your doctor before starting any new medication.
Labor & Delivery
UK Albert B. Chandler Hospital - Pavilion HFax 859-323-4607800 Rose St.
Third Floor, Room HA-302
Lexington, KY 40536
UK Midwife Clinic141 N. Eagle Creek Drive
Lexington, KY 40509Monday - Friday: 8:00 am-4:30 pm
If you are an existing patient, please be aware that due to HIPAA privacy we will not be able to give advice at this time via e-mail response. Please call the office for questions or concerns or use the My UK HealthCare patient portal. If this is a medical emergency, call 911.