- Fiber bars
- Increased water consumption
Increase fluids, such as Gatorade, BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast). If severe, lasting more than 48 hours or if bloody, consult provider.
- Gas X®
Headaches, cold symptoms, allergies:
- Sudafed® for stuffy nose
- Zyrtec®, Claritin® (Loratadine) or Benadryl® (Diphenhydramine HCl) for allergies
- Mucinex® (Guaifenesin)or Hall’s drops for cough
- Chloraseptic® spray for sore throat
Nausea and/or vomiting:
- Tums® or Viactiv® chews
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)- 50 mg daily
- Candied Ginger (sold at Whole Foods and Williams & Sonoma)
- ½ tablet Unisom® at bedtime
Do not use any form of Retin A (Tretinoin) during the length of your pregnancy
Refrain from using skin treatments first trimester
- Miconazole Nitrate (Monistat®)
Note: These medications are considered safe when taken as instructed, but please consult with your doctor before starting any new medication.
Featured Service Lines
This article was produced by UK HealthCare Brand Strategy.