Faculty RankAssociate Professor
- Physicians' Decision-making When Implementing Buprenorphine With New Patients: Conjoint Analyses of Data From a Cohort of Current Prescribers. Knudsen, H.K.;Lofwall, M.R.;Walsh, S.L.;Havens, J.R.;Studts, J.L. Journal of addiction medicine (2017
- Healthcare contact and treatment uptake following hepatitis C virus screening and counseling among rural Appalachian people who use drugs. Stephens, D.B.;Young, A.M.;Havens, J.R. The International journal on drug policy 47, (2017): 86-94.
- Examining the Social Context of Injection Drug Use: Social Proximity to Persons Who Inject Drugs Versus Geographic Proximity to Persons Who Inject Drugs. Rudolph, A.E.;Young, A.M.;Havens, J.R. American journal of epidemiology 186, 8 (2017): 970-978.
- African American women and sexually transmitted infections: The contextual influence of unbalanced sex ratios and individual risk behaviors. Oser, C.B.;Pullen, E.;Stevens-Watkins, D.;Perry, B.L.;Havens, J.R.;Staton-Tindall, M.;Leukefeld, C.G. Journal of drug issues 47, 4 (2017): 543-561.
- A rural/urban comparison of privacy and confidentiality concerns associated with providing sensitive location information in epidemiologic research involving persons who use drugs. Rudolph, A.E.;Young, A.M.;Havens, J.R. Addictive behaviors 74, (2017): 106-111.
Cancer Center Member
Dr. Havens is an epidemiologist with an appointment in the Center on Drug and Alcohol Research. Her primary research interests include the epidemiology of prescription opioid abuse in rural Appalachia, the comorbidity of substance and mental disorders, and HIV and other infectious complications of drug use.
- Cancer Prevention and Control
College & Department
- College of Medicine
- Department of Behavioral Science