The computerized tomography scan slides over the patient so that the table remains stationary, avoiding patient movement and allowing radiation and particle therapy to be delivered with a high level of precision.
The SOMATOM CT sliding gantry provides cutting-edge diagnostic imaging without concern over patient movement.
- The CT gantry slides on railes over the patient, so table and accesories remain stationary
- Imaging for brachytherapy without patient and applicator motion
- High precision for therapy treatments
The SOMATOM CT sliding gantry treatments will be offered in Radiation Oncology's new brachtherapy suite. Benefits of this new suite include:
- Centrally located in the radiation oncology department, minimizing patient travel in the hospital
- Computerized tomography on rails, physics treatment planning and the brachytherapy suite are all in one location
- Efficient, patient-centered design
This suite also represents a more efficient patient flow, decreased transport time and increased patient privacy.