- Neonatal surgical diseases (including abdominal wall defects, congenital diaphragmatic hernia, congenital lung lesions, esophageal atresia, tracheomalacia, necrotizing enterocolitis)
- Pediatric colorectal diseases (including anorectal malformations, Hirschsprung disease, inflammatory bowel disease)
- Chest wall deformities
- Pediatric tumors (liver tumors, kidneys tumors, other abdominal and thoracic tumors, soft tissue tumors)
- Pediatric trauma
- Pyloric stenosis
- Vascular and lymphatic anomalies
After completing training in General Surgery at the University of Colorado, Dr. Dewberry completed a fellowship in pediatric surgery at the University of Iowa. During her time at Colorado, she obtained her Masters in Clinical Science and received several awards for her clinical research completed during that time.
Dr. Dewberry is active in multiple national societies that address issues related to pediatric surgery.
Dr. Dewberry joined UK in October, 2023. In addition to her work as a General Pediatric Surgeon, she is developing a program to provide weight loss surgery to adolescents suffering from obesity and its associated diseases.
I am passionate about providing excellent surgical care to pediatric patients. I believe in working with patients and their families to make sure they have the best possible outcome and that all of their concerns are addressed. I became interested in pediatric surgery because of the difference you can make in a child's life.
I chose to come to the University of Kentucky because of the people. Everyone in the hospital works hard as a team to provide the best possible care to the people in our community.
Outside of work, I enjoy spending time with my family (and cats), bicycling, hiking, and traveling.
- Assistant Professor in Surgery