Allergic and nonallergic rhinitis, Runny nose, Nasal obstruction, Deviated septum, Sinusitis, Mucoceles, Nasal polyps, Disorders of taste and smell, Sinonasal tumors
Dr. Alok Saini grew up in Memphis, Tennessee, and attended Vanderbilt University in Nashville. He then completed medical school at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis, where he was inducted to the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society and received a number of scholarships for academic achievement. He also received the College of Medicine’s Faculty Medal, which is awarded to the graduate with the highest academic achievement. He then went to New York City to complete his otolaryngology residency at Mount Sinai Hospital, which is known to be one of the most rigorous training programs in the country. He was awarded the Chairman’s Award, which is given to the chief resident who most embodies the ideals of academic medicine. After his residency, Dr. Saini completed a fellowship in rhinology and anterior skull base surgery at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston under the guidance of Drs. Martin Citardi, Amber Luong and William Yao.
Dr. Saini joined the Division of Rhinology and Anterior Skull Base Surgery in the UK Department of Otolaryngology. His clinical practice focuses on diseases of the nose and sinuses including allergic and non-allergic rhinitis, nasal obstruction, deviated septum, sinusitis, nasal polyps, cerebrospinal fluid leaks, sinonasal tumors, and disorders of taste and smell. Some of the procedures he offers patients are septoplasty, turbinate reduction, endoscopic sinus surgery, balloon sinuplasty and endoscopic anterior skull base surgery.
In his free time, Dr. Saini enjoys traveling with his wife, Lauren, and their two boys. He and his wife also enjoy trying new restaurants. He’s an avid football fan and enjoys working out.
Faculty RankAssistant Professor of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery
University of Tennessee Health Science Center, College of Medicine, Memphis
Otolaryngology, Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York
Rhinology, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston
Certifications and Special Training
American Board of Otolaryngology
- Septoplasty and turbinate reduction
- Balloon sinuplasty
- Eustachian tube balloon dilation
- Revision endoscopic sinus surgery
- Steroid eluting stent placement
- Endoscopic sinus surgery
- Endoscopic DCR
- Endoscopic orbital decompression
- Anterior skull base surgery
- Office based sinus surgery. Saini AT, Yao WC, Citardi MC, Luong AL. Otolaryngol Clin North Am. In press.
- Balloon Sinuplasty. Saini AT. Lecture presented: University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston McGovern Medical School, Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery Grand Rounds; 6 Mar 2018.
- Cutting edge endonasal surgical approaches to thyroid ophthalmopathy. Tyler M, Zhang C, Saini AT, Yao W. Laryngoscope Investig Otolaryngol. 2018 Feb 26;3(2):100-104. PubMed ID 29721541.
- Use of pharyngeal packs in functional endoscopic sinus surgery: a randomized controlled trial. Green R, Konuthula N, Sobrero M, Saini A, Parasher A, Pool C, Levine A, DeMaria S, Tufts R, Govindaraj S, Iloreta AM. Laryngoscope. 2017 Aug 26. PubMed ID 28842996.
- Balloon Sinuplasty. Saini AT. Lecture presented: Mount Sinai Hospital, Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery Grand Rounds; 7 Dec 2017.
- Evaluation and decision making in frontal sinus surgery. Saini AT, Govindaraj S. Otolaryngol Clin North Am. 2016 Aug;49(4):911-25. PubMed ID 27450615.
I loved the care that I received from Dr Seini (Saini) I had already studied my problem before I came into the appointment. He really took time to explain to me exactly what my health issue was. I left feeling confident that he knew exactly what the problem was.
Dr. Saini is very knowledgeable, highly skilled, gentle, and very approachable. I very much appreciate his care.
the dr was the best I've ever had. he was thoughtful and kind.
Everyone was very nice kind & considerate.
Positive with from nursing & staff.Are you happy with the care you received from this provider?
Please let us know by filling out a patient satisfaction survey when you get one. You can also leave an online review by clicking the button below.
- Chairman’s Award - Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, Mount Sinai Hospital
- Faculty Medal (Highest Academic Achievement in Class) - University of Tennessee Health Science Center, College of Medicine