Providing safe, convenient care in person or virtually
As our community, nation and world continue to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, we’re working tirelessly every day to ensure the health and safety of our patients, our people and our community. Our entire team – from doctors and nurses to administrative and housekeeping staff – is committed to providing the safest environment possible. This online hub is designed to share resources and information, inspiring stories and important news on COVID-19 and UK HealthCare’s response. UK HealthCare was built for times like this, and we promise to keep delivering the world-class care you expect.
Request a vaccination.
We’re proud to play a part in protecting Kentuckians against COVID-19. COVID-19 vaccinations are available for free to anyone age 12 and older. Additionally, third-dose boosters of the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines are available to eligible immunocompromised people. Vaccinations are being given at UK HealthCare locations operated by UK Pharmacy Services. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Vaccinations are offered Tuesday - Friday. We no longer offer vaccinations at Kroger Field.
- Sign up now to request a COVID-19 vaccination »
Because COVID-19 remains a significant health risk, we currently restrict visitation in all UK HealthCare hospitals and clinics. Before you visit or come for an appointment, please refer to our rules for visitors for updates to our policies.
- Pre-surgery COVID-19 testing: All patients undergoing a surgery or outpatient procedure will need to have a COVID-19 test 72 to 96 hours before their procedure. We have identified several testing locations across Kentucky.
- Laboratory services: We have introduced changes in patient flow at our lab locations. This is to ensure that patients are served in the safest manner possible when coming for bloodwork or tests or dropping off specimens.
- All members of the community can receive a COVID-19 test at the community testing location at 1505 College Way on the University of Kentucky campus. Testing is available by appointment and is free. Make an appointment.
- For other COVID testing options, visit the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government website.
- The GetWell Loop™ virtual monitoring system allows us to monitor patients who have been tested for COVID-19 or who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 as they quarantine safely at home.
News & resources
Stay up to date on the latest news and information from state and local health officials, the University of Kentucky and our UK HealthCare experts.
You can also check out our frequently asked questions to learn more about COVID-19, including symptoms and steps you can take to prevent it.
We offer easy curbside pickup at our Kentucky Clinic and UK HealthCare – Turfland pharmacies to help ensure your safety.
Impact on research
Because the health and safety of our community is of paramount importance, the University of Kentucky has paused select human subject research studies.. Read the full statement »