(Scroll down for text version.)
- An estimated 5.3 million Americans have Alzheimer's.
- 96% are seniors; 65 or older.
- 1 in 3 seniors dies with Alzheimer's or another dementia.
- It is the sixth leading cause of death in the United States and in Kentucky, which has 68,000 residents with Alzheimer's.
- Nearly two thirds of all Americans with Alzheimer's are women.
- 11% of U.S. seniors have Alzheimer's disease.
- Someone in the U.S. develops the disease every 67 seconds.
Featured Service Lines
Kentucky Neuroscience Institute
Stay informed of the latest health stories by email.
This content was produced by UK HealthCare Brand Strategy.