Weight loss surgery
We understand how much you want this.
Weight loss can be hard, but it is possible. If you haven’t had success, we want to help. Our bariatric surgery experts have years of experience supporting people who want to lose weight. We can give you the tools you need to lose weight and live your best life.
Take the next step: View our weight loss surgery seminar.
Why choose UK HealthCare for weight loss surgery?
From your initial screening process to surgery and recovery, we’ll make sure you’re ready. We’ll also be there long after your surgery, with continual support throughout your life. When you partner with UK HealthCare for your weight loss journey, you’ll find:
- A path to a healthier you: Losing weight is good for your body and important for increasing the quality and longevity of your life. Weight loss surgery can help lower high blood pressure and cholesterol, control diabetes, relieve joint pain and eliminate sleep apnea.
- Experienced surgeons: Our bariatric surgeons have more than 70 years of combined experience caring for people who have weight loss surgery. No other team in the region has that level of experience and insight.
- Caring and expert team: Our knowledgeable bariatric team understands your needs and wants you to succeed. Everyone from our dietitian coordinator and nurse practitioner to our bariatric nurse, our team will guide you every step of the way. We’ll help with insurance, nutrition needs and everything in between.
- Convenient locations: Our newly renovated office space at UK HealthCare – Turfland has plenty of free, convenient parking. We perform surgeries at UK Good Samaritan Hospital, which offers a community-hospital environment with private rooms.
- No program fees: We don’t charge the program fees you’ll find at many hospitals. These fees are often hundreds of dollars and aren’t covered by insurance. Plus, we help all patients who meet the criteria for weight loss surgery.
Types of weight loss surgery
Ready to make an appointment?
There are a few short steps you need to do before making an appointment with our team.
- First, check with your insurance provider to make sure you have bariatric benefits.
- Watch our free online seminar.
After you have verified and completed this information, call our office to learn more about surgery and make an appointment at 859-295-5756.