- Adult degenerative deformity (scoliosis and kyphosis)
- Spine and spinal cord tumors
- Cervical, thoracic and lumbar disc herniation
- Cervical, thoracic and lumbar stenosis
- Cervical, thoracic and lumbar spondylolisthes
- Traumatic spine and brain injury
- Spine fractures
- Spinal cord injury
- Spine Surgery
- Cervical spine fusion (corpectomy (ACCF), ACDF, PCF, etc.)
- Thoracic spine fusion
- Lumbar spine fusion (pedicle screw fixation, ALIF, LLIF, OLIF, TLIF, PLIF)
- Cervical, thoracic and lumbar decompression (laminectomy, laminoplasty, discectomy, etc.)
- Disc arthroplasty (ACDR)
- Minimally invasive spine surgery (MISS)
- Spinal cord tumor resection
- Spinal column tumor resection
- Spine deformity correction
- Spine reconstructive surgery
- Scoliosis surgery
- Neuromodulation (spinal cord stimulator placement, intrathecal pump placement)
- Craniotomy for cranial hematoma
- Peripheral nerve decompression and graft
Dr. Motiei is a neurosurgeon subspecialized in spine surgery. After a long training in neurosurgery further complimented by fellowship training in spine surgery in world-known university brands, he started his practice in University of Kentucky as a complex spine surgeon.
His continued training has made him proficient in different surgical methods and techniques, including open, mini-open, microscopic and minimally invasive surgery (MIS) procedures. He sees different techniques as complimentary tools in taking care of patients and believe that an unbiased surgeon who is skilled in more than one technique can better serve his/her community. Dr. Motiei is the first to perform certain procedures in UK and Lexington, including MIS Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion (LLIF) and MIS Oblique Lumbar Interbody Fusion (OLIF).
Although Dr. Motiei routinely takes care of all aspects of spine disorders, his specific passion and interest is spine deformity and spine tumors. He believes that being able to stand erect and functional without pain is a unique feature of humankind, and as a complex and deformity spine surgeon, He feels privileged to have the surgical skillset for that.
His goal in career is to give all patients the highest quality and most updated treatment they deserve. This will only be possible through hard and honest work, fruitful companionship with colleagues and staff, as well as continued engagement in teaching, learning, and research. He sees UK as an excellent workspace to obtain that goal.
- Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery
Training & Education
Insurance policies can vary widely. Please check with your doctor/clinic for specific insurance information before your visit or procedure to avoid unexpected out-of-pocket costs.See list of insurers