- Diagnostic cerebral angiogram
- Carotid stenting
- Intracranial stenting and balloon angioplasty
- Aneurysm embolization
- Middle meningeal artery embolization
- Dural AV fistula embolization
- AVM embolization
- Mechanical thrombectomy for acute stroke
- Intraophthlamic chemotherapy for retinoblastoma
- Venous sinus stenting
Dr. Al-Kawaz is an interventional neurologist with assistant faculty rank in the departments of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Radiology. Her practice focuses on treating acute ischemic strokes, carotid stenosis, aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations, arteriovenous fistulas, retinoblastomas, idiopathic intracranial hypertension, and other cerebrovascular diseases.
Dr. Al-Kawaz earned her medical degree at Weill Cornell medical college in Qatar. She then went on to complete her residency training in neurology at New York Presbyterian hospital, Weill Cornell Medicine. She also completed fellowship training in neurocritical care at Johns Hopkins hospital followed by Neuroendovascular Surgery fellowship at Mount Sinai Hospital in NY. Her academic research focuses on a multitude of cerebrovascular pathologies, including acute ischemic stroke interventions and cerebral aneurysms.
- Assistant Professor of Neurology