Inherited Pediatric Cancer Syndromes, Pediatric Blood Disorders
I think it's very important to make a connection with patients and their families. I'll do anything to make that connection with the families because what I've learned is, to effectively take care of a child with cancer, you need everybody on board. It really does take a village and the most important part of that is the family and that child. One of the great things about being a doctor here at the University of Kentucky and at the Markey Cancer Center is our community of providers and support. We really are invested in the shared mission of trying to bring improved health care to the children and patients of Kentucky.
Faculty RankProfessor of Pediatrics
University of Miami, School of Medicine, Miami, Fla.
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston
Certifications and Special Training
American Board of Pediatrics, Hematology/Oncology
Please let us know by filling out a patient satisfaction survey when you get one. You can also leave an online review by clicking the button below.
- Bone Marrow Biopsy
- Bone Marrow Aspiration
- Lumbar Puncture
- Sirtuin 1-mediated deacetylation of XPA DNA repair protein enhances its interaction with ATR protein and promotes cAMP-induced DNA repair of UV damage. Jarrett, SG, KM Carter, R-M Bautista, D He, C. Wang and JA D’Orazio. J Biol Chem, 2018.
- The melanocortin signaling cAMP axis accelerates repair and reduces mutagenesis of platinum-induced DNA damage. Jarrett SG, Carter, KM, Shelton, BJ and D'Orazio JA. Scientific Reports. 2017.
- Divergence of cAMP signaling pathways mediating augmented nucleotide excision repair and pigment induction in melanocytes. Wolf Horrell EM, Jarrett SG, Carter KM, D'Orazio JA. Experimental Dermatology. 2017
- AKAP12 mediates PKA-induced phosphorylation of ATR to enhance nucleotide excision repair. Jarrett SG, Wolf Horrell EM, D'Orazio JA. Nucleic Acids Research. 2016.
- Defining the Contribution of MC1R Physiological Ligands to ATR Phosphorylation at Ser435, a Predictor of DNA Repair in Melanocytes. Jarrett SG, Wolf Horrell EM, Boulanger MC, D'Orazio JA. The Journal of Investigative Dermatology. 2015.
- PKA-mediated phosphorylation of ATR promotes recruitment of XPA to UV-induced DNA damage. Jarrett SG, Wolf Horrell EM, Christian PA, Vanover JC, Boulanger MC, Zou Y, D'Orazio JA. Molecular Cell. 2014.
Cancer Center Member
Our laboratory focuses on malignant melanoma of the skin, a cancer that kills more than 10,000 Americans every year. Melanoma incidence has increased so much over the last century such that whereas a US citizen in the 1930's had only a 1 in 1,500 chance of developing it, now almost 1 in 50 of us will be diagnosed with the disease. We are interested in the genetic and environmental factors that cause melanomas to develop so that we can design ways to reduce melanoma incidence
Danceblue Pediatric Hematology & Oncology
The DanceBlue Kentucky Children's Hospital Hematology/Oncology Clinic
Kentucky Children's HospitalUK Chandler Hospital - Pavilion HAFax 859-257-8978800 Rose St.
Lexington, KY 40536Thursday: 8:00 am-12:00 pm or by appointment.
Insurance policies can vary widely. Please check with your doctor/clinic for specific insurance information before your visit or procedure to avoid unexpected out-of-pocket costs. See list of insurers
Feb. 27, 2019Sept. 26, 2016