Multiple Myeloma, Leukemia, Lymphoma, Clotting Disorders, Bleeding Disorders
Gregory Monohan received his medical degree from the University of Kentucky, College of Medicine, Lexington. He then completed a residency in Internal Medicine at Indiana University, Indianapolis before returning to the University of Kentucky to complete a Hematology and Medical Oncology fellowship.
After finishing the fellowship, Dr. Monohan remained on faculty at the University of Kentucky where his primary focus is in hematologic malignancies including blood and marrow transplantation as well as benign hematology. Since 2011, he has served as the Hematology and Medical Oncology Fellowship Program Director. He also serves as Clinical Co-Director for the College of Medicine Hematologic and Lymphatic Systems course.
Dr. Monohan is board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in Internal Medicine, Hematology and Medical Oncology.
Faculty RankProfessor of Medicine
University of Kentucky, College of Medicine, Lexington
Indiana University, School of Medicine, Indianapolis
University of Kentucky, Lexington
Certifications and Special Training
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine, Hematology
American Board of Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- CAR-T Cell Therapy
- Heart Transplantation in Cardiac Amyloidosis Sousa M, Monohan G, Rajagopalan N, Grigorian A, Guglin M. Heart Fail Rev. 2017 May;22(3):317-327.
- Overview of Adult Immune Thrombocytopenia Boral L, Monohan G, Moirangthem V. Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Open Journal. 2016 Nov; Volume 1(1): 21-31. Article Ref. #: 1000PLMOJ1105
- Evaluating the optimal serum ferritin level to identify hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis in the critical care setting Saeed H, Woods RR, Lester J, Herzig R, Gul Z, Monohan G. Int J Hematol. 2015 Aug;102(2):195-9.
- Lekakis LJ, Lawson A, Prante J, Ribes J, Davis GJ, Monohan G, Baraboutis IG, Skoutelis AT, Howard DS. “Fatal rhizopus pneumonia in allogeneic stem cell transplant patients despite posaconazole prophylaxis: two cases and review of the literature Lekakis LJ, Lawson A, Prante J, Ribes J, Davis GJ, Monohan G, Baraboutis IG, Skoutelis AT, Howard DS. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2009 Aug;15(8):991-5.
Cancer Center Member
- Multiple Myeloma
- Hematologic Malignancies40
- Drug Discovery, Delivery and Translational Therapeutics
College & Department
- College of Medicine
- Department of Internal Medicine
very pleased, doctor and staff was great
Everyone was wonderful.
Thank God for all the staff.
Very well please with everyone there. Treated very well and people very thoughtful.Are you happy with the care you received from this provider?
Please let us know by filling out a patient satisfaction survey when you get one. You can also leave an online review by clicking the button below.
Hematology and Blood & Marrow Transplant
Hematology and Blood & Marrow Transplant Clinic
UK Markey Cancer CenterBen F. Roach Cancer Care FacilityFax 859-323-4607800 Rose St.
First Floor, Room CC140
Lexington, KY 40536Monday - Friday: 8:00 am-5:00 pm
After hours, call 859-323-5321.