- Chest wall deformities
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Neonatal surgical diseases (including abdominal wall defects, congenital diaphragmatic hernia, congenital lung lesions, esophageal atresia, necrotizing enterocolitis)
- Pediatric colorectal diseases (including anorectal malformations and Hirschsprung disease)
- Pediatric oncologic diseases (including kidney tumors, liver tumors, neuroblastoma, sarcoma, and teratoma)
- Pediatric trauma
- Short bowel syndrome
- Pyloric stenosis
- Vascular and lymphatic anomalies
I am a pediatric surgeon with particular interests in oncology, esophageal/thoracic, and colorectal surgery. I also perform neonatal surgery and minimally invasive surgery.
I can imagine no greater purpose than devoting myself to restoring and preserving the wellness of children. Children are among the most vulnerable members of society. Improving their well-being offers a lifetime of benefit and an unparalleled sense of professional fulfillment.
I make decisions with my patients and their families based upon what I would want for my own child. Surgery requires a tremendous amount of trust. My goal is to establish and reaffirm this trust throughout the experience of patients and families, whether being seen in clinic, in the intensive care unit, or in the emergency department.
I have an amazing wife who is from Louisville and two energy-filled children. Outside of the hospital, I enjoy spending time with my family and being outdoors. We are grateful to be here in Lexington and eager to serve the children of Kentucky.
- Assistant Professor of Pediatric Surgery
- fixes empty view field issue
Training & Education
Certifications and Special Training
Insurance policies can vary widely. Please check with your doctor/clinic for specific insurance information before your visit or procedure to avoid unexpected out-of-pocket costs.See list of insurers