SHOULDER, Arthritis (Rheumatoid arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Post-Traumatic arthritis, Collagen Vascular Disease related arthritis), Tendon injuries (rotator cuff, biceps, SLAP tears), Stiffness (frozen shoulder), Instability - Labral tear, Glenoid bone loss, Sports related internal impingement, Acromioclavicular sprain/dislocation, Sternoclavicular subluxation/dislocation, Muscle patterning problems - Habitual instability, Scapula Clicking/Dyskinesis, Nerve entrapments - Suprascapular nerve, Quadrulateral space syndrome, Triangular interval syndrome, Thoracic outlet syndrome, Fractures – humerus, scapula, clavicle, MISCELLANEOUS CONDITIONS - Avascular necrosis, Lateral clavicle osteolysis, humeral or glenoid cartilage loss, previously undiagnosed shoulder pain, Scapular winging, Failed previous surgery - failed rotator cuff repairs/failed shoulder instability surgeries/failed fracture fixations of the shoulder/failed shoulder replacements, ELBOW, Arthritis (Rheumatoid arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Post-Traumatic arthritis, Collagen Vascular Disease related arthritis, Tendon Injuries (distal biceps tear/rupture, triceps tendinitis/rupture, tennis elbow, golfers elbow), Stiffness (elbow contracture, loss of forearm/radial head rotation), Instability - valgus/varus instability, posterolateral/posteromedial rotatory instability, radial head clicking/instability after injury or after previous surgery, sports related throwing elbow pain, Nerve Entrapments – cubital tunnel syndrome, radial runnel/supinator syndrome, median nerve compression at elbow, Fractures and Fracture-Dislocations – humerus, radius, ulna, Miscellaneous conditions – loose bodies, locking elbow, avascular necrosis of capitellum/trochlea, undiagnosed elbow pain, Failed previous surgery - failed instability repairs/failed fracture fixations of the elbow/failed elbow replacements
Srinath Kamineni, MD, BSc(Hons), FRCS-Ortho, a Shoulder, Elbow, Upper Extremity specialist, earned his medical degree from the University of Wales College of Medicine, Great Britain. He completed an anatomy demonstratorship at Oxford University, pre-residency surgical training in Cambridge, and an orthopaedic residency at the University College London and Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital (Stanmore) in London, England. He also completed a shoulder fellowship at the University Hospital Balgrist in Switzerland and an elbow fellowship at the Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA. He was an attending surgeon-scientist at the Imperial College London and Professor of Biomechanics at the Brunel University, London, before coming to the University of Kentucky.
Dr. Kamineni’s goals are treating musculoskeletal injuries and diseases to restore an active lifestyle. He has a significant background and training in advanced biomechanics for treatment of shoulder and elbow joint (A) Motion disorders [stiffness / instability / dyskinesias], (B) Arthritis [rheumatoid arthritis / osteoarthritis / post-traumatic arthritis / connective tissue disease associated arthritis], and (C) Failed previous surgeries [failed rotator cuff repairs / failed shoulder and elbow instability surgeries / failed fracture fixations of the shoulder and elbow / failed shoulder and elbow joint replacements]. Dr. Kamineni has conducted extensive research on the influence of collagen on disease processes such as joint stiffness, tennis elbow, and arthritis.
Faculty RankAssociate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
University of Wales, College of Medicine, Wales, UK
North Thames Orthopaedic Residency; London, England, UK
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Balgrist University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
- Arthroplasty – Dhoulder replacement (resurfacing, stemless, anatomic, reverse) – Primary, primary after fracture or failed fracture fixation, Revision for failed previous replacement, Revision for infected previous revision
- Arthroscopy – Arthroscopic repair of rotator cuff tear, SLAP repair, Biceps tenodesis, Lateral clavicle excision (Mumford procedure), Superior capsular reconstruction, Tendon transfers
- Arthroscopy - Arthroscopic and Open stiff shoulder contracture release, Labral repair, Bony Bankart repair, Labral reconstruction for failed previous stabilization surgery, Snapping scapula excision, Suprascapular nerve release
- Open surgery – Latarjet repair, Acromioclavicular joint repair/stabilization, Sternoclavicular joint stabilization, Thoracic Outlet decompression, Quadrulateral and Triangular space decompression, Eden-Lange triple Muscle transfer for Trapezius palsy
- Open surgery - Fracture fixations of humerus, clavicle, and scapula
- Arthroplasty – Primary Elbow replacement (Linked and Unlinked) for arthritis and fractures, Revision elbow replacement for previous failed replacements or fialed fracture fixations, and infected replacements, radial head replacement after fractures
- Arthroscopy – Arthroscopic tennis elbow release, stiff elbow (contracture) release, loose body removal, osteocapsular arthroplasty for early arthritis, excision of bony impingement in athletes, manual workers etc.
- Arthroscopy - Outerbridge Kashiwagi procedure, lateral ligament repair, partial distal biceps repair
- Open Surgery – Fracture fixation of humerus, radius, and ulna, cubital tunnel release, radial tunnel release, median nerve release, Tommy-John repair of valgus unstable elbow in throwing athletes
- Open Surgery - Revision repair/reconstruction of failed elbow stabilization, Radial head stabilization after previous failed surgeries, Distal biceps and Distal triceps primary/revision repair or allograft reconstruction
- Open Surgery - Cartilage repair or graft reconstruction of capitellum/trochlea avascular necrosis
A dull ache was the beginning of a fifteen-year saga for Leonard Preston. Then a 23-year-old Air Force member, Leonard was diagnosed with chondrosarcoma, a form of bone cancer that starts out in the cartilage. By the time they caught it, Leonard’s cancer had eaten through more than half of his humerus.