Dentistry - Pediatric
Dental care is an important part of a child’s overall health care. Oral health issues that aren’t diagnosed or treated can cause pain that interferes with a child’s ability to eat, sleep, play and function at home or school. It’s critical for children to access regular dental care to help prevent serious health issues in the future.
UK Dentistry provides expert dental services for pediatric patients, including medically compromised and emergency patients. Our pediatric specialists understand the unique needs and concerns even the healthiest of children may have about the dentist. We combine skill with compassion and understanding for our smallest patients, including infants who require complex oral health care.
Pediatric Dentistry Services
We specialize in:
- Dental care for all children, from 6 months to 14 years of age, who need a dental home
- Advanced, evidenced-based dental treatments
- Complex dental conditions in children
- Conscious oral sedation and general anesthesia
- Dental care for young patients with other, more severe health concerns
- Nasoalveolar molding (NAM), performed before cleft surgery
Saturday Morning Clinic
Throughout the year on select Saturdays, our pediatric specialists support Saturday Morning Clinic (SMC), hosted by dental students at the UK College of Dentistry. SMC allows children, ages 4 to 12, to receive oral health care provided by UK College of Dentistry dental students under the supervision of pediatric dentists and residents. Watch for upcoming clinic dates on our UKY Dentistry Facebook page.