The Endocrine Surgery Team at UK is dedicated to providing excellent, individualized care to patients with benign and malignant thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal disease.
All three surgeons are high-volume, fellowship-trained endocrine surgeons and are certified by the American Board of Surgery. Last year alone, the team performed over 500 thyroidectomies, parathyroidectomies, neck dissections and adrenalectomies. Their transdisciplinary approach combines efforts from endocrinologists, cytopathologists and radiologists to ensure patients are receiving the best care available.
Additionally, the team makes every effort to streamline care by offering a one-stop-shop where patients can receive all needed work-up at their first appointment to minimize repeat trips to Lexington.
If surgery is necessary, the team strives to enhance patient outcomes using cutting-edge techniques including ultrasound-guided thyroidectomy and neck dissection, radio-guided minimally-invasive parathyroidectomy, and laparoscopic and retroperitoneoscopic adrenalectomy.
- Hyperparathyroidism (primary, secondary, tertiary and recurrent)
- Minimally invasive thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal surgery
- Surgical adrenal disease (pheochromocytoma, aldosteronoma)
- Surgical treatment of hyperthyroidism
- Symptomatic and retrosternal goiter
- Thyroid and parathyroid imaging and biopsy
- Thyroid cancer