Faculty RankAssociate Professor
MBA, Midway University
PhD, University of Kentucky
BS, University of Kentucky
Postdoctoral Fellowship, Vanderbilt University
- Cancer Curriculum for Appalachian Kentucky Middle and High Schools. Hudson L, Sharp K, Alameh S, Prichard C, Ickes MJ and Vanderford NL. Journal of Appalachian Health. 3(1): 43-55, 2021.
- Evidence for Cancer Literacy Knowledge Retention Among Kentucky Middle and High School Students After a Brief Educational Intervention. Hudson L, Prichard C, Weiss LT, and Vanderford NL. Southern Medical Journal. 113(11): 541-548, 2020.
- The Cancer Crisis in Appalachia: Kentucky Students Take ACTION. Vanderford NL, Hudson L and Prichard C (Editors). Lexington, KY: University Press of Kentucky, 2020 (April 7). Print ISBN: 9781950690039.
- Epidemiology and Implementation of Cancer Prevention in Disparate Populations and Settings. Lopez AM, Hudson L, Vanderford NL, Vanderpool R, Griggs J, and Schonberg M. ASCO Educational Book. 39: 50-60, 2019.
- A Social Ecological Review of Cancer Disparities in Kentucky. Rodriguez S, Vanderford NL, Huang B and Vanderpool R. Southern Medical Journal. 111(4): 213-210, 2018.
Cancer Center Member
- Cancer disparities
- Cancer education and training
- Health promotion
For more information on Dr. Vanderford's background, please visit his personal website.
- Molecular and Cellular Oncology
College & Department
- College of Medicine
- Department of Toxicology and Cancer Biology