Faculty RankAssistant Professor
- Elevated integrin α6β4 expression is associated with venous invasion and decreased survival in squamous cell carcinoma of the lung. Stewart RL, West D, Wang C, Weiss HL, Gal TS, Durbin EB, Chen M, Kathleen L. O'Connor. Human Pathology, 2016, PMID: 27107458 (* Co-senior author)
- S100A4 drives non-small cell lung cancer invasion, associates with poor prognosis, and is effectively targeted by the FDA-approved anti-helminthic agent niclosamide. Stewart RL, Carpenter BL, West DS, Knifley T, Lili Liu, Wang C, Weiss HL, Gal TS, Durbin EB, Arnold1 SM, O'Connor KL, Chen M. Oncotarget, 2016 Apr 25, doi: 10.18632 (* Corresponding author)
- Integrin α6β4 promotes autocrine EGFR signaling to stimulate migration and invasion toward HGF Carpenter BL, Chen M, Knifley T, Davis K, Harrison SMW, Stewart RL, and O'Connor KL (2015). J Biol Chem, 290(45): 27228-38.
- Integrin α6β4 is downregulated by mutant IDH1 and associates with a worse outcome in high-grade gliomas Stewart R, Chen M, Lathia J, O'Connor KL and Horbinski C. Modern pathology, submitted.
- Chen M, Knifley T, Subramanian T, Spielmann HP, and O'Connor KL. Use of synthetic isoprenoids to target protein prenylation and Rho GTPases in breast cancer invasion. PLOS ONE, 9(2):e89892 (Corresponding).
Cancer Center Member
Lung cancer invasion, metastasis and therapeutic resistance.
- Molecular and Cellular Oncology
College & Department
- College of Medicine
- Department of Toxicology and Cancer Biology