UK HealthCare Public Notice, February 8, 2019
On two separate occasions, UK HealthCare mailed billing statements to the incorrect recipients. The information included the patients’ identifiers and treatment information. It did not contain the patients’ social security numbers, or financial information. UK HealthCare notified the affected individuals.
A UK HealthCare employee gave a physical therapy order to the incorrect patient. The order included the patient’s name, date of birth, address, phone number, prescribing physician’s name and limited clinical information. It did not contain the patient’s social security number or financial information. UK HealthCare notified the affected individual.
A UK HealthCare employee gave a written prescription to the incorrect patient. The prescription included the patient’s name, date of birth and medication name. It did not contain the patient’s social security number or financial information. UK HealthCare notified the affected individual.
What You Can Do
For any incident, UK HealthCare recommends the following steps to prevent any possible misuse of personal information.
Stay Alert For the Signs of Identity Theft
- Accounts you didn't open and debts on your accounts that you can't explain.
- Fraudulent or inaccurate information on your credit reports, including accounts and personal information, like your Social Security number, address(es), name or initials, and employers.
- Failing to receive bills or other mail. Follow up with creditors if your bills don't arrive on time.
- Receiving credit cards that you didn't apply for.
- Being denied credit or being offered less favorable credit terms, like a high interest rate, for no apparent reason.
- Getting calls or letters from debt collectors or businesses about merchandise or services you didn’t buy.
Order Your Free Annual Credit Report
- Visit AnnualCreditReport.com, or;
- Call toll-free 877-322-8228, or;
- Complete the Annual Credit Report Request Form and mail it to: Annual Credit Report Request Service, P.O. Box 105281, Atlanta, GA 30348-5281.
You may also contact any or all of the three major Credit Reporting Agencies if you want to further learn about identity theft protection services offered by the Credit Reporting Agencies. The contact information is:
Additionally, both the federal government and Kentucky state government offer consumer protection agencies. The contact information for the consumer protection agencies is below: