UK HealthCare Public Notice, August 9, 2019
An employee of Kentucky Medical Services Foundation (KMSF), a UK HealthCare business associate, accessed a patient’s medical records outside their job responsibilities. The information accessed was limited to the patient’s identifiers and specific UK HealthCare visits. UK HealthCare notified the affected individual.
A UK HealthCare employee registered the incorrect patient leading to a disclosure of a patient’s records. The information accessed was limited to the patient’s identifiers and specific UK HealthCare visits. UK HealthCare notified the affected individual.
A UK HealthCare employee discussed a patient’s care in the waiting room of a clinic. The information disclosed was limited to the patient’s identifiers and limited treatment information. UK HealthCare notified the affected individual.
UK HealthCare released medical records to a patient that included another patient’s information. The information released was limited to the patient’s identifiers and specific UK HealthCare visits. UK HealthCare notified the affected individual.
What You Can Do
For any incident, UK HealthCare recommends the following steps to prevent any possible misuse of personal information.
Stay Alert For the Signs of Identity Theft
- Accounts you didn't open and debts on your accounts that you can't explain.
- Fraudulent or inaccurate information on your credit reports, including accounts and personal information, like your Social Security number, address(es), name or initials, and employers.
- Failing to receive bills or other mail. Follow up with creditors if your bills don't arrive on time.
- Receiving credit cards that you didn't apply for.
- Being denied credit or being offered less favorable credit terms, like a high interest rate, for no apparent reason.
- Getting calls or letters from debt collectors or businesses about merchandise or services you didn’t buy.
Order Your Free Annual Credit Report
- Visit AnnualCreditReport.com, or;
- Call toll-free 877-322-8228, or;
- Complete the Annual Credit Report Request Form and mail it to: Annual Credit Report Request Service, P.O. Box 105281, Atlanta, GA 30348-5281.
You may also contact any or all of the three major Credit Reporting Agencies if you want to further learn about identity theft protection services offered by the Credit Reporting Agencies. The contact information is:
Additionally, both the federal government and Kentucky state government offer consumer protection agencies. The contact information for the consumer protection agencies is below: