Population Health Service
The UK HealthCare Population Health Service focuses on improving the health of the people we serve in Central Kentucky.
Whether you have a new or chronic illness, we want to help you get the care you need, including:
- Routine preventive healthcare, such as checkups and tests
- Treatment for chronic medical conditions
- Community resources
Who Benefits from the Population Health Service?
You may be selected for the Population Health Program because of a hospitalization or you may receive a referral from your provider. Benefits of the program are:
- Tools to improve your health and quality of life
- Connection to needed resources
- Help with appointments and other follow-up care
Services We Offer
Services offered through the UK HealthCare Population Health Service include:
Chronic Care Management
Who we serve: For patients with at least two chronic conditions expected to last 12 or more months. Conditions may include heart failure, diabetes and high blood pressure.
Services: You’ll receive a call each month from a registered nurse (RN) who can:
- Talk with you about your healthcare goals
- Connect you with community resources or social workers
- Coordinate care between specialists and your primary care provider
- Help with referrals
- Assist in scheduling appointments and screenings
- Answer questions throughout the month and help with medication refills
Cost: Most insurance providers cover chronic care management.
Transitions of Care Management
Who we serve: For people recently discharged from the hospital.
Services: This program is designed to reduce your chance of being readmitted to the hospital. A nurse will call you within 48 hours of leaving the hospital to talk about:
- Discharge instructions
- Follow-up appointments
- Medications and any needed medical equipment
- Your questions and concerns
Cost: Most insurance providers cover transitions of care management. We provide services even if it’s not covered by your insurance.
Community Health Coordinator Program
Who we serve: Anyone who needs help getting healthcare or support services
Services: Our community health coordinators are trusted community members. They can connect you with important resources and services and help you with:
- Food, housing and utilities
- Job placement services
- Medications and medical equipment
- Counseling referrals
- Substance abuse treatment
- Understanding information about your health
These services are important for you and can help with your physical and mental health. Community health coordinators may visit you in the hospital, at home or in the community.
Who we serve: Patients age 65 and older or their care partners
Services: Our certified eldercare navigator will call you at home to check in and see if you have any questions or needs. You’ll get personalized attention and connection to resources such as:
- Support for those living with dementia or loneliness
- Respite care if you need a break while caring for a loved one
- Assistance with medication, transportation, food or housing
- Case management and Senior Center services
An eldercare navigator can also help you with follow-up appointments and find a primary care provider if you don’t have one.
The Panel Management program ensures all primary care patients receive care from a provider familiar with their unique needs. Providers use a small team approach. We want you to be familiar with your provider and their team—and your provider to be familiar with you and your unique needs.
Clinical Quality Technicians
Clinical quality technicians make sure you get regular screenings, including mammograms and colonoscopies. If a gap in care is found, you may receive a phone call from one of our clinical quality technicians.
UK HealthCare- Turfland
2195 Harrodsburg Rd
Lexington KY 40504