The UK Center for Advanced Surgery (CAS) provides expertise in the care of patients whose surgery is performed in the ambulatory setting. Our environment is family-oriented and friendly. The personal needs of our patients and their families are met by a caring staff. The start time of a surgical procedure is more dependable at the CAS than in a hospital setting, where emergency cases may disrupt the schedule. This means more predictability and higher satisfaction for our patients.
- A patient-friendly atmosphere.
- Electronic displays allow families to continuously track the patient’s progress.
- State-of-the-art surgical and anesthesia equipment.
- An acute-pain service is available for patients receiving peripheral nerve blocks performed by anesthesiologists.
If you decide not to have surgery or if you need to cancel due to a fever, a breathing or viral illness, or a family emergency, please call your surgeon’s office and the Pre-op Anesthesia Clinic at 800-898-7644 or 859-323-5849 during office hours (9 a.m.-5 p.m.) or 859-323-5860 after hours. If it is the day of surgery, call the location where you are scheduled to have your surgery.
- The CAS features board-certified anesthesiologists with experience in regional and local and general anesthesia.
- Our anesthesiologists are skilled in using the latest technology, such as the advanced ultrasound, when performing peripheral nerve blocks.
- For our pediatric patients, CAS offers board-certified anesthesiologists with additional training and experience in pediatric anesthesia. A pediatric anesthesiologist is immediately available for children undergoing surgical procedures.
- Sports medicine
- Plastic/reconstructive surgery
- Pediatric plastic surgery
- Pediatric surgery
- Minimally Invasive surgery
- General surgery
- Oral/maxillofacial surgery
Center for Advanced Surgery
UK Albert B. Chandler Hospital - Pavilion GGill Heart & Vascular Institute800 Rose St.
Third Floor, Room G300
Lexington, KY 40536