Here's an overview of what most students need to know about University Health Service, including services offered, clinic hours and how to make appointments.
University Health Service (UHS) offers services for full-time undergraduate UK students and students who have paid the Health Fee.
- UHS' board-certified physicians, nurse practitioners, counselors and professional staff provide high-quality care. Also, a registered nurse is available for phone consultation about illness, injuries, lab results or other health concerns, and there is an on-call physician available for telephone consultation for urgent situations when UHS is closed.
- Our services include primary care, gynecology/genitourinary (GYN/GU), nursing and behavioral health and health education services for nutrition, tobacco cessation and sexual health.
- Students must make an appointment to be treated at UHS. We do not take walk-ins, so please call or schedule an appointment online in advance. Students can usually be seen the same day or the next day.
- While the Health Fee does not include dental care, the UK College of Dentistry is piloting a no-cost dental care service for students. Learn more about available services here. Services outside of the pilot options are available on campus both in the Kentucky Clinic and the Dental Science Building.
Questions? You might find answers on this page.
- Bloodborne Pathology Protocol: Here's what students should do if they come in contact with another person's blood or body fluid while providing healthcare.
- Immunization requirements for UK students with clinical responsibilities.
- Immunization and vaccination recommendations for those enrolling at UK.
- International students: Specific information about international students' healthcare.
- Medical records: How and where to obtain them.
- For parents: What to know and what to send with your student.
- Prescriptions: Students who have used University Health Service may fill prescriptions at the UHS Pharmacy, conveniently located on the first floor of the University Health Service building.
- Traveling: Find information about checkups and what you will need to know before traveling abroad.