Why Choose Markey?
As Kentucky’s only NCI-designated center, the UK Markey Cancer Center is equipped to provide world-class cancer care. Read more about Markey »
How Clinical Trials Help Patients
Clinical trials allow our researchers to do the research that can help heal Kentuckians and move the entire state forward. Read more about clinical trials at Markey »
Meet Teresa Schladt
Every patient has a story. Teresa Schladt shared her own from her road to recovery. Read Teresa's story »
UK Markey Cancer Center800 Rose St.
Lexington KY 40508
Screening exams are simply medical tests done when you’re healthy. It’s like taking a car in for a tune up. You want to make sure you’re keeping a close check on your body at recommended ages for screenings.
Those ages may vary depending on your family history. Talk to your doctor about your family’s history of cancer and your personal health history. Both play a major role in deciding what screenings may be best for you. Learn about Markey Cancer Center's screening program »
- Smoking Cessation Class for Markey patients and caregivers. Noon, 306 Whitney-Hendrickson Building (Psych-Oncology Services).
- Meditation. 305 Whitney-Hendrickson Building. 12 - 12:30 p.m. Meditation classes teach a variety of techniques to help clear and calm the mind, promoting emotional and mental well-being.
- Yoga for Cancer and Chronic Illness. 305 Whitney-Hendrickson Building. 9:30 - 11 a.m. Yoga classes teach gentle movement, breathing and deep relaxation techniques to reduce stress, pain and fatigue. Beginners welcome. Equipment is provided.
- Meditation. 305 Whitney Hendrickson Building. 11:15 - 11:45 a.m. Meditation classes teach a variety of techniques to help clear and calm the mind, promoting emotional and mental well-being.
- Tai Chi. 305 Whitney Hendrickson Building. 1 - 1:30 p.m. Tai Chi provides a "moving meditation" centered on breathing exercises with the combination of motion and stillness.
- Markey Research Seminars. See the full schedule »
To view Markey's full list of weekly, monthly and upcoming events, visit the Events web page.
Recent news, videos and more about the UK Markey Cancer Center
U.S. News & World Report Ranks UK Chandler Hospital Best in the State, UK HealthCare Specialty Services Nationally Ranked