Primary care appointments provide a vast range of services for the student population.The Health Fee covers unlimited office visits for primary care needs.
- Preventative care visits can include routine physical exams, sports physicals, employment physicals and travel physicals.
- Acute care is offered for unexpected illnesses and injuries. (For obvious serious injuries, such as compound fractures or head trauma, seek care at the local emergency department.)
- Primary care services for chronic disease management (hypertension, diabetes, etc.) are also available.
UHS offers all of the recommended vaccinations for students at a discounted price for students who have paid the Health Fee. The following vaccines can be administered at UHS:
- Td (Tetanus/diphtheria)
- TdaP (Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis)
- Hepatitis A and B
- Meningococcal Meningitis (both the Conjugate vaccine and the new Serotype B vaccine are available)
- HPV vaccine
- Travel vaccinations including but not limited to yellow fever, typhoid, Japanese Encephalitis, etc.
- Other vaccines including pneumococcus, rabies and flu
Fall and spring semesters: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday – Friday; 9-11 a.m. on Saturday
Summer, winter and spring breaks: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday
You will go to the second floor of the UHS building at 830 S. Limestone for your appointment.
Bring your student ID and your insurance card to every appointment.
On the second floor, sign in with the receptionist at the front desk. You will then be directed to the self-check-in kiosks. When finished with the self-check-in, have a seat in the lobby. A clinical service technician (CST) will call your name and direct you to the exam room. He or she will then:
- Check your vital signs.
- Ask the reason for your visit.
- Ask if you are taking any medications.
- Ask if you have any allergies.
- Ask your smoking status.
When the clinician enters the room, he or she will introduce themselves, discuss any concerns you may have, review the questionnaire you completed at the self-check-in kiosk and explain the exam that is appropriate for your visit.
The clinician will continue your exam, discuss your options for care and recommend a treatment plan. Additional labs or X-rays may be ordered for further evaluation. When the exam is finished, the clinician will answer any questions you have, discuss and summarize your visit, and provide and discuss your prescriptions or follow-up visits. You will then be directed to check-out.
If services that are not covered by your Health Fee are provided, you can pay at check-out. Payments are expected at the time of your appointment for services not covered by the Health Fee. If a follow-up appointment is recommended, you may schedule that at the time of check-out as well.
University Health Service Building830 S. Limestone
Lexington, KY 40536Fax 859-257-8708Monday - Friday: 8:00 am-4:30 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am-11:00 am
We are located two buildings down from the Kentucky Clinic and directly across S. Limestone from the Speedway gas station.