Dermatological surgeons specialize in the clinical care of the largest organ in the human body–the skin. Our physicians offer extensive clinical expertise in the management of both common and rare skin diseases. UK Dermatology seeks to improve the quality of life for patients suffering from the pain, frustration and potential embarrassment that can be caused by skin disease.
Skin conditions treated include:
- Autoimmune disorders
- Contact dermatitis
- Hair loss
- Moles and melanoma
- Nail disorders
- Pigment disorders
- Skin cancer
- Skin growths
- Skin infections such as athlete’s foot, ringworm, bacterial infections or herpes infections
- Viral rashes
- Cryosurgery (freezing) of benign and precancerous lesions
- Destruction and excision of benign, premalignant and malignant skin lesions
- Minor cosmetic surgical procedures
- Skin cancer evaluation with surgical and nonsurgical therapies
- Surgical removal of moles and other benign skins growths
Patch testing: Patch testing is a dermatological procedure used in patients with suspected allergic contact dermatitis. Patch testing typically
requires several visits in one week. Your physician will determine if this test is right for you.
Pathology: Dermatologists work closely with other specialties to provide a complete network of services for our patients. Surgically removed moles and cancerous growths are often sent for microscopic examination and consultation to ensure the most precise diagnosis and highest quality of care.
Most insurance companies do not require a referral to see a dermatologist.